Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's don't like Deer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thursday Afternoon starting off on a Bank Holiday Staycation I hit a Deer in my M3 on the M80 just south of Stirling Services. Front Moulding split in several places Bonnet dented Nearside Headlight smashed and maybe other stuff that I can't see, my pretty M3 not so pretty anymore, I almost cried. We limped home decanted into the Wife's Fiesta and headed off again. Calls to Direct Line and Tesla Edinburgh planned for Tuesday, any advice (other than to avoid low flying Deer !) most welcome. Dash Cam Footage hopefully to follow once I can work up the courage to look at it. For the Chris Packham's amongst us the Deer limped off but a collision with any car at around 60 MPH is not likely to have a good outcome for any Deer.

Reactions: Andywil
Sorry to hear that. I think the bodyshop that Tesla uses is in Glasgow so you may not need to make any subsequent trips to Edinburgh.

Deer are really at the bottom of the stupidity chain, just behind pheasants. One caused great damage to my father in laws car, most annoying thing about it was I was parked at the time!

I'm not sure I'd have waited to call insurance.. they should be available 24/7.

Bad luck.. its always a risk where wild animals roam..gotta be extra careful then, but *sugar* happens. Hopefully you'll be back on the road soon enough.
I got hit on Saturday morning and whilst the insurance folks answered the phone, it was just some answering service that took my details and said I’d get a call back Tuesday so probably not that big of a deal

..and when you tuck the kiddies into bed and tell the story of the time daddy killed Bambi's mummy...

Which reminds me of the time we were given free sample cans of venison catfood one december...so i put up a sign - "feed kitty on Rudolf this year"..

Thursday Afternoon starting off on a Bank Holiday Staycation I hit a Deer in my M3 on the M80 just south of Stirling Services. Front Moulding split in several places Bonnet dented Nearside Headlight smashed and maybe other stuff that I can't see, my pretty M3 not so pretty anymore, I almost cried. We limped home decanted into the Wife's Fiesta and headed off again. Calls to Direct Line and Tesla Edinburgh planned for Tuesday, any advice (other than to avoid low flying Deer !) most welcome. Dash Cam Footage hopefully to follow once I can work up the courage to look at it. For the Chris Packham's amongst us the Deer limped off but a collision with any car at around 60 MPH is not likely to have a good outcome for any Deer.
The deer probably didn't hear you.... or rather recognise the strange noise.
But at least in a car you are safe.
I lost an acquaintance when he hit a deer whilst riding a bike. Neither he nor the animal made it away from the accident.
Deer need culling: not everyone agrees, but we simply have too many of them.
Or we need wolves....

You don’t expect it on a motorway! Chance in a million… I would crying too.

I hit a deer near Hamsterley Forest. It came out of the shadows at dusk so barely had time to register it.
Fortunately the damage wasn't too bad and still driveable, so waiting for parts (presumably from Holland) before it gets fixed on the insurance.
Heard rumours that some folk are trying to herd them near the road for the roadkill. C|_||\|ts.

Thursday Afternoon starting off on a Bank Holiday Staycation I hit a Deer in my M3 on the M80 just south of Stirling Services.
I always get phantom braking round about there. Maybe that's a warning.
Sorry to hear that. I think the bodyshop that Tesla uses is in Glasgow so you may not need to make any subsequent trips to Edinburgh.
Yup. On South St in Whiteinch/Scotstoun.

I hit a deer near Hamsterley Forest. It came out of the shadows at dusk so barely had time to register it.
Fortunately the damage wasn't too bad and still driveable, so waiting for parts (presumably from Holland) before it gets fixed on the insurance.
Pretty impressive to learn that deer have insurance and their parts come from Holland too.