TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla's "Find an Electrician" program

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by FlasherZ, May 5, 2015.

1. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Many of you may not have seen this, but during the last couple of days in April, Tesla launched a new certified electrician service:

Tesla provides specific training on installing charging equipment, and ensures that these certified electricians adhere to quality, permitting, and inspection requirements. You can find an electrician at Tesla's web site here:

Find an electrician | Tesla Motors

It appears to be mainly targeted in the US and Canada, but I suspect there are some other international locations.

I've also placed the location into the charging FAQ found here.

2. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I think this is a good plan. Much better to provide links to electricians trained to install Tesla gear than to say "consult with your local electrician". Makes it easier for potential customers (Tesla has done the work, instead of telling you to do it), and helps with scaling up. Fits with Tesla's MO of getting rid of obstacles to EV adoption.

3. EugeneM

EugeneM Member

Good idea, really bad execution. Only 2 crappy options for the entire NY. Both in NJ with 2 star reviews. I think a wiki generated by us with locations and prices we paid would be a much better idea.

I mi have a great recommendation in the NYC area btw. Just had a nema outlet installed. Great quality work, inexpensive and fully licensed.

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

It wasn't intended to be comprehensive off the bat... Tesla is certifying interested electricians and wants customers and other electricians to sign up for the program.

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

I've tried contacting one of the 4.5 star rated electricians twice over the past three weeks and still haven't received a reply.

6. EugeneM

EugeneM Member

I get it but why even sign on a contractor with an under 2.5 star user review rating? TM should put better standards for the vendors they are working with in place since they will be representing it in the field.