Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s Flagship Vehicles Updated With Quicker 0-60 Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla delivered this week additional performance to its flagship vehicles, improving the 0-60 mph times of both the Models S and Model X.

The Model S Performance sedan and Model X Performance SUV will now accelerate from a stop to 60 mph in just 2.3 and 2.6 seconds, respectively.

That’s cutting two-tenths of a second from the Model S time and a tenth of a second from the Model X time. It’s another example of Tesla’s incredible ability to tune vehicles via software updates.

The improvement has been tied to another new feature from Tesla dubbed “Cheetah Stance” that lowers the front of the car to gain greater traction and likely speed.

Tesla is also reportedly planning to bring the new “Plaid” Model S and Model X to market by the end of the year, which are expected to be incredibly quick. These cars will pack an extra electric motor, bringing the total to three, and a bigger battery pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
S is indeed the Flagship model for Tesla. It is the quickest, fastest, smoothest riding, most comfortable, quietest, best looking, best appointed, and longest range vehicle they make. Advanced all aluminum chassis and body in white are premium construction value. Incorporates the largest batteries and hatch back design offers convenient, almost station wagon cargo capacity.

Model X is the flagship of their SUV line as well. Automated doors, Aluminum construction, largest motors etc.

Last edited:
So, this Cheetah Stance, is it something you pre-select before stomping the accelerator or does it default to that when coming to a stop?

Cheetah Stance is an enhancement of Launch Control, where the driveline becomes pre-loaded to optimize launch off the line. The Stance lowers the front suspension and raises the rear to allow maximum weight transference to the back tires. Same as dragsters do with skinny front tires rising up and the bigger rear tires getting more traction.

It is a simple software upgrade that adds suspension control to torque flow control.

Going down the track the computer will optimize torque to the tires with the most traction.

Not used in normal driving.

Cheetah Stance is an enhancement of Launch Control, where the driveline becomes pre-loaded to optimize launch off the line. The Stance lowers the front suspension and raises the rear to allow maximum weight transference to the back tires. Same as dragsters do with skinny front tires rising up and the bigger rear tires getting more traction.
Cheetah stance should come with a feline butt wiggle. I tweeted that notion to EMusk. No response. :)

Anyone know which versions of Model S performance received this upgrade? I have a 6/2019 built Raven Model S performance with the Cheetah stance update. Does that mean my car also has the cooling efficiency updates?

My May build Ludicrous Raven X (Rev E battery, obviously,) got an announcement about this in the App Inbox, so I think it applies to all Ravens.

My P90DL , "flagship" of 2016... Is only getting "planned obsolescence" lately, as new features are scarce, and all we get is worse low-temperature regen restrictions, and slower charging.
Yeah, so is my P100D. I’m unhappy about it, at least keep the car close to where it used to be new Tesla. At the same time I understand that this technology is still fairly new and probably difficult to know exactly what we all are getting into long term, in regards to longevity and repeatable performance.