TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla's Front Page AutoPilot Video

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vandacca, Feb 3, 2016.

1. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Seems like Tesla has a new video on their front page. Does anyone know the history of this video? I know it's filmed in Hamilton, Ontario Canada (literally around the corner from where I live) and for the life of me can't figure out why a California company would chose this location. Parts of the video are also included in the "Revolutionize your Commute" video on the Tesla site. Just curious.

2. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

great video. Thanks for finding.

3. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I like the video, especially the lane and ultrasound animations. I'm not quite sure why it's in the Model X section, though. :)

4. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Well because Canada is beautiful!

5. FourBucks

FourBucks Member

And at 73 cents to the American Dollar it was a lot cheaper to make here too!

6. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

You're right. Sorry, I live in the Model-X forum and I forget that there is any other space here.

Moderators: please feel free to move this to the correct location. Maybe "Tesla Motors" or "Model-S"?

7. BenT

BenT Member

I used to live in Hamilton 5 years ago. It is a beautiful area. At the time I lived there there were US tv shows set in big cities which were filmed in Toronto because it was cheaper and easier than the US. It was also not uncommon to see "on location" shoots in character Hamilton streets such as that featured in the parallel parking section of the Tesla video.

8. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Well, you should see Hamilton now. They are filming here like crazy, especially in the area where the Tesla video was filmed. The Locke St. area has filming every week it seems. It got so bad that Dundas put a moratorium on new filming projects, but quickly retracted that sentiment a week later. I'm sure all this filming must be good for the local economy, although I know of a lot of local businesses that don't feel that way.

9. ElectricTundra

It moved in to the left lane and blocked another car in that lane when it didn't need to. Very inconsiderate.