Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Front Page AutoPilot Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vandacca

ReActive Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hamilton
Seems like Tesla has a new video on their front page. Does anyone know the history of this video? I know it's filmed in Hamilton, Ontario Canada (literally around the corner from where I live) and for the life of me can't figure out why a California company would chose this location. Parts of the video are also included in the "Revolutionize your Commute" video on the Tesla site. Just curious.

I used to live in Hamilton 5 years ago. It is a beautiful area. At the time I lived there there were US tv shows set in big cities which were filmed in Toronto because it was cheaper and easier than the US. It was also not uncommon to see "on location" shoots in character Hamilton streets such as that featured in the parallel parking section of the Tesla video.

I used to live in Hamilton 5 years ago. It is a beautiful area. At the time I lived there there were US tv shows set in big cities which were filmed in Toronto because it was cheaper and easier than the US. It was also not uncommon to see "on location" shoots in character Hamilton streets such as that featured in the parallel parking section of the Tesla video.

Well, you should see Hamilton now. They are filming here like crazy, especially in the area where the Tesla video was filmed. The Locke St. area has filming every week it seems. It got so bad that Dundas put a moratorium on new filming projects, but quickly retracted that sentiment a week later. I'm sure all this filming must be good for the local economy, although I know of a lot of local businesses that don't feel that way.