Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nosken

Jan 15, 2015
Lincoln, CA
I'm single-no offspring (no lawsuit here-besides, why would I sue, it would lower the price of my shares), and have about 100, 000 miles driven with a combo of AP1 and AP2. I should be the ideal candidate. Still waiting............

100XSCD

Oct 31, 2017
London
They should call it California Highway Beta. The day a Tesla, or any other car for that matter, can autonomously navigate across the whole of London via the centre without incident is the day I’ll eat one of my hats - thinking the rice paper one. I suspect the same issues would apply to LA or NYC or any other traffic jammed metropolis on the planet. The only way I can see it happening is with the development of full AI, which will make the feat something of an irrelevance, a Pyrrhic victory, as that level of AI will at the same time signal the end of humanity.

Daniel in SD

Jan 25, 2018
San Diego
I don’t follow the logic. Wouldn’t Tesla want dangerous aggressive drivers to use FSD to keep them out of trouble? It’s not like ones driving style makes FSD drive worse or more aggressive.
Should really be attentive drivers with fast reflexes who can take over quickly when FSD decides to make a right turn a couple feet early and into a curb.

dknieriemen

Apr 4, 2016
Indiana
They should call it California Highway Beta. The day a Tesla, or any other car for that matter, can autonomously navigate across the whole of London via the centre without incident is the day I’ll eat one of my hats - thinking the rice paper one. I suspect the same issues would apply to LA or NYC or any other traffic jammed metropolis on the planet. The only way I can see it happening is with the development of full AI, which will make the feat something of an irrelevance, a Pyrrhic victory, as that level of AI will at the same time signal the end of humanity.

MagicDoc

Jun 29, 2014
Dallas
I'm Old and Careful ... and have been using the current FSD software.
Having seen my father become an unsafe driver, I'm interested in FSD to safely extend my driving life.
Already it, and FP, are helpful at night, since my Night Vision has started to decrease.

Pick Me to Beta Test it ...

Atari2600

Oct 4, 2017
Cincinnati
Should really be attentive drivers with fast reflexes who can take over quickly when FSD decides to make a right turn a couple feet early and into a curb.
I agree, which normally is not your typical Sunday driver. (I hope that phrase is still current - I’m old, assuming over 50 is considered old).

HenryFarkas

Jun 30, 2020
Maryland, US
I'm Old and Careful ... and have been using the current FSD software.
Having seen my father become an unsafe driver, I'm interested in FSD to safely extend my driving life.
Already it, and FP, are helpful at night, since my Night Vision has started to decrease.

Pick Me to Beta Test it ...
If your night vision is starting to decrease, you should start taking eye vitamins. They're called PreserVision AREDS 2. You can get them online or at any pharmacy without a prescription.

Mardak

Oct 13, 2018
USA
Here's an example from 2020Q3 update of what the neural network is predicting as it approaches an intersection without using maps:

unmapped intersection.png

tomagucci

Jul 21, 2020
San Francisco
My son made me buy the upgrade to FSD. "Two reasons Dad"...1. you are getting older and FSD can only help you and 2. Since I will get to inherit your Tesla S, I want you to pay for the FSD now so I will have it when the car is mine. :)
Wow...that next generation is always thinking ahead, eh?

he just wants phantom braking to kick in so he can collect his inheritance

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC