Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Future? 200,000 cars/year!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes please! All while maintaining 25% margin. Something that may be possible if the other big automakers continue their dawdling and keep putting out low volumes of poor BEVs. And of course is there is quick public adoption which I believe we're seeing happening right now, and historically that kind of adaptation when it comes to new technology happens faster and faster for every decade (personal computers took 10 years, internet 5 years, smartphones 3 years etc.).

Thanks for posting the link. This is first time that I've heard EM alluding to the planned volume of Gen III (presumably in the first year of the production). I read it as EM sees Model S and X at 100K and Gen III starting with 100K in the first full year of the production.

About SuperCharging, some assumptions:

- SC hardware cost Tesla $500 to install in each car
- They charge $2000 to enable it
- They sell 200,000 cars per year
- 75% of those are sold with SuperCharging enabled (mandatory on some models, options on the rest)

They will have ($2000*150,000)-($500*200,000)=$200 million dollar PER YEAR to build out and maintain the SuperCharger network.

That should be enough to build at least 12-1500 new SC stations per year and maintain the current network.

We might be seeing a lot of those SC stations in a few years ;)

BTW, some of us Norwegians have been working on a map to see how many SC stations are needed in Norway for an optimal spread. The result was 41. I should have added one more ;)

Tesla SC foreslåtte lokasjoner i Norge

Last edited: