TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla's Future: Will Another Company Be in the Driver's Seat?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by TEG, Mar 30, 2011.

1. benji4

benji4 Roadster 2.5 #0476

Very interesting piece. This sums it up and is nothing new to anybody here:

A successful and on time Model S launch would help Tesla buy years of time and completely change the equation. Being acquired would certainly not be the only option in that case.

2. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

Being majority shareholder, Mr. Musk has the final say. I doubt he would do something like sell, before his EV dream is realized.

3. de704

de704 XP268

I hope Tesla doesn’t get acquired. One of the main reasons I like Tesla is because it feels like they care. Like their agenda cannot be bought. In this world thats paramount.

4. JRod0802

JRod0802 Member

Looks like you're right:

Is Tesla a takeover target? Elon Musk says probably not Autoblog Green

5. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Tesla Motors may be considered a takeover target but I think interested parties are waiting to see how the Model S does before making any moves. On the other hand, Mr. Musk very well wants to see the Model S, Model X and may the new Roadster come to life before thinking about takeovers or buyouts.