Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For FSD I guess it really depends how long you plan to keep the car, the EU have already crippled the features in FSD compared to the USA, I can't see Tesla getting actual FSD working in the UK in the next few years. Personally I would save money and go for the black with no FSD.

Reactions: cizUK
For FSD I guess it really depends how long you plan to keep the car, the EU have already crippled the features in FSD compared to the USA, I can't see Tesla getting actual FSD working in the UK in the next few years. Personally I would save money and go for the black with no FSD.

I don't think that the nerfing is going to be as bad as it is currently, when they just implemented quick and dirty compliance hacks. We could observe that across a few firmware revisions. At a certain point in time, limits to AutoSteer's allowed lateral acceleration would make it hand the car back to you in tighter curves. Now it's learned to live with the limits and will instead tend to slow down to AutoSteer through it without hitting the limits (which, of course, was the behaviour that the standard's authors were trying to encourage). We're even getting used to ways of handling the autonagging feature well (by holding the steering wheel and applying a mild torque continuously).

Now it's learned to live with the limits and will instead tend to slow down to AutoSteer through it without hitting the limits

That's what I have been seeing on UK YouTube videos (on difficult, country, roads), so seems like the new Regs might not be much of an issue. The YouTube Driver was surprised that it got through the tight bends with the new regulations (in some instances driver had deliberately reduced the AP speed setting) ... over time the car can figure out a map of location/safe-speed, or read-the-road better ... even I do that better now than when I was 17 and on the way back from the pub :rolleyes:

It will be on the invoice, when you get that (and then you will be asked to get the payment together), probably won't be on anything until then.
See earlier post. It usually appears earlier in the page's source (use CTRL-U to display in Chrome) than it appears on the rendered page.

And in my case it's incorrect to say that it only appears on the invoice. I saw my VIN --displayed in my account, not in the page source-- well before the final invoice (and in Belgium it's vital, since Tesla was handling the registration and insurance through a broker and that needs the VIN and registration data about the exact model well before the final invoice is emitted). The first time it was displayed in an attached document was in an amended Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, although it was later replaced with a document without the VIN (go figure) once the final invoice was made.

In my case, the VIN was assigned more than a week before the ship that had the car arrived in Zeebrugge, while the final invoice was only emitted once the Delivery Centre had confirmed that they received it in a state that would allow them to deliver it (which is what triggered the finalising of the registration/insurance paperwork).

Of course it's possible there is some regional variation with how closely they keep the VIN to their chest (there seem to be a lot of ad-hoc changes to the document flow to adapt to each country's fiscal peculiarities; some of them don't really work well at first).

As I said, in Belgium they need to be more transparent or they wouldn't get anything delivered smoothly, so that helps.

To be fair, the paperwork is emitted by a mysterious beast in Fremont that even the local delivery people fail to understand (I was told to ignore a credit note for the entire amount of the invoice until I received a new identical invoice. Still haven't got that, so in theory I could call up Tesla in 90 days to ask them when they will transfer the funds for that credit note, and have the car for free once that's been settled).

Last edited:
It usually appears earlier in the page's source

:) Just thought that was a bit nerdy ... but actually maybe that's fine for the audience here :)

Tesla Sales-Person-On-Phone told me to expect VIN on Invoice (so that I could then get Insurance, which I will need [in UK] before collection). I don't actually need the VIN until then so don't need to be on the hunt for it, but I'm not watching the real-time progress of the boat either, nor trying to find a CCTV feed to see if my car is onboard ... but I am sure some will be doing that :D

I don't think that the nerfing is going to be as bad as it is currently, when they just implemented quick and dirty compliance hacks. We could observe that across a few firmware revisions. At a certain point in time, limits to AutoSteer's allowed lateral acceleration would make it hand the car back to you in tighter curves. Now it's learned to live with the limits and will instead tend to slow down to AutoSteer through it without hitting the limits (which, of course, was the behaviour that the standard's authors were trying to encourage). We're even getting used to ways of handling the autonagging feature well (by holding the steering wheel and applying a mild torque continuously).
Maybe but I have seen some videos where it cuts the corners, sometimes dangerously. The 5 second indication to cross lanes is also stupid, although they could get around this by only indicating once it has a clear path, which is what it should do really anyway. But either way at this stage we aren't really anywhere near FSD features and they are being limited, I can't imagine what it would be like if Tesla do release FSD, even so I think it is a way off for normal UK roads.

I could maybe live without FSD but the seats...imagine going on a road trip seeing another M3, with the seats you've always wanted!! I'd be gutted!!
It sounds like you have gave yourself the answer then :) The plus side to white is if Tesla do not start providing white again, it may help the resale value of your car as it will be quite rare. No-one really knows what Tesla have put on what ship. But as you have gone for white it is possible there may be a longer wait, in which case that might help with your PCP situation.