Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Gigafactory Tents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So our small sustainable forestry company is expanding and we're considering setting a sawmill inside a tent, much smaller scale than Teslas tent but same logic and need. Want something quick, would like to be nimble and change sawline line quickly. My question to all is this: do you know of other manufacturers using similar tent structures to expand or grow or even start businesses. I'd like to talk about someone other than Tesla if asked to justify by the raft of interested and bothersome parties.

Thanks so much everyone.

I started a new thread on the manufacturing tent in freemont but I'm curious if any of you investor/tesla gurus are aware of any other manufacturer using similar structures. We plan to setup a production sawmill to help utilize lower grade materials from our sustainable harvest and a tent is perfect. I beg the moderators forgiveness in posting this question here but its a holiday and an overall good cause.
SpaceX. No surprises there.

Part 2 of Tim Dodd's tour of Starbase with Elon features a look inside their tents.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Some basic searches, and .. turns out Sprung is it (thanks to Ars Technica Tesla CEO: New “tent” assembly line is “way better” than conventional factory )

Tesla.sprung.jpg

Reactions: nativewolf
For what it is worth, they are a great solution for many things. What they don’t necessarily excel at is things like hanging loads from the ceiling or placing things on the roof. Things like an exhaust system would all need to be ground-mounted. I believe you would need fire protection inside a sawmill, so you would likely need fixed sprinklers attached to the structure.