TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla's Go Electric Project

Discussion in 'Video' started by twinklejet, Jun 1, 2013.

1. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

#1 twinklejet, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. huntjo

huntjo Member

I like the new interactive go electric page! Great interface

3. Soflason

Soflason Member

#3 Soflason, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Very informative inside look at how TM's website was created, really cool stuff. The animation and interactivity they've created is fantastic, especially on the iPad. You can see the recent handiwork of these web developers on the new Supercharger page using interactive maps, snappy graphs, etc.:
    Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Regarding their website's shopping functionality, I know TM also uses an e-commerce platform called Shopify (we use it as well) and it's a very elegant solution:
    Retailers Hit $100M in Sales Shopify

And, when I researched Shopify initially (Tesla is proudly in all their press releases, including the link above), I found a crazy story about a hopeful Tesla future owner and his quest on their site:
    Turning a Used Camera into a +$100,000 Tesla Roadster Ecommerce Blog by Shopify

4. moollar

moollar Member

Interesting to see how they went about producing the interactive experience. I look forward to when it's no longer necessary to do workarounds to get things to work with IE.....

Sorry, probably a pretty boring reply for my first post. Hi Everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster - looking forward to seeing some Teslas down under!