Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Go Electric Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Also, check out the new highly interactive Your Questions Answered | Tesla Motors before you watch this video.

Very informative inside look at how TM's website was created, really cool stuff. The animation and interactivity they've created is fantastic, especially on the iPad. You can see the recent handiwork of these web developers on the new Supercharger page using interactive maps, snappy graphs, etc.:
Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Regarding their website's shopping functionality, I know TM also uses an e-commerce platform called Shopify (we use it as well) and it's a very elegant solution:
Retailers Hit $100M in Sales Shopify

And, when I researched Shopify initially (Tesla is proudly in all their press releases, including the link above), I found a crazy story about a hopeful Tesla future owner and his quest on their site:
Turning a Used Camera into a +$100,000 Tesla Roadster Ecommerce Blog by Shopify

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see how they went about producing the interactive experience. I look forward to when it's no longer necessary to do workarounds to get things to work with IE.....

Sorry, probably a pretty boring reply for my first post. Hi Everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster - looking forward to seeing some Teslas down under!