TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla's Hidden Advantage

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by stevezzzz, Jan 24, 2013.

1. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

2. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

Great example of how coming at an old problem in a new way (disruption) to drive a new solution (innovation) is what makes Tesla a good bet for success. Starting with the assumption that the battery will fail and then working a solution around that is something I honestly didn't know Tesla had done, but am not at all surprised at this. They have shown how capable, if not obsessed, they are with challenging long accepted norms with the goal or creating a "new normal" that is higher quality and higher efficiency.

This starts with their engineering and design approach, to their vertically integrated manufacturing to their sales and delivery model. Sure, it has kinks, and will even have failures, but when you look at the successes in the context of what came before them and how long they have been around, they are a screaming success.

The net, Tesla is an awesome company and man do I love my Model S. I've never loved a car, or any inanimate object, like I love my Model S. it is on my list of best purchases with my wife's engagement ring.

This wouldn't have happened with just another car. It needs to be unique,; special. I designed my wife's ring and hand selected the diamond. I wanted something that was different, yet accessible and expressive of what she meant to me. The Model S is similarly uniquely designed around a core purpose of being a totally new and yet a wonderfully recognizeable automotive experience. In a way it accomplishes what the Segway utterly failed to; to change how humans transport themselves. After seven weeks owning the car, I know people will look back at the Models S and say, "that was the car that changed things."

Just cool. Totally cool.