Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Calif. with no front plate: Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have now had my plate off for a while and boy do I watch the police as they drive by.

I'm to the age where I won't be driving out of Calif. and I have basically stopped driving into large metro areas.

So, I've been giving it a try to see what happens especially after swapping out the front plate for...

teeth 29-a.jpg

I have now had my plate off for a while and boy do I watch the police as they drive by.

I'm to the age where I won't be driving out of Calif. and I have basically stopped driving into large metro areas.

So, I've been giving it a try to see what happens especially after swapping out the front plate for...

View attachment 886909
HA-HA...Why not just Print= LOOK HERE ? 👈🤣

• Funny
Reactions: DocHolliday
I'm on my second M3. Purchased one in 2019, sold in 2021 and purchased another in Dec. 2021.

I have ALWAYS had the front plate on both cars and now considering taking the plate off.

In California one can get a ticket for no front plate

FOR THOSE LIVING IN CALIFORNIA RUNNING NO FRONT PLATE, HAVE YOU RECEIVED A TICKET??
I got a warning but that's all. Purchased July 2021 MSLR

Talked to a lot of my clients at my detail shop who are police officers. They stated most of the time officers do not care about your front plate unless they pull you over for something else like speeding, running a red, stop sign, then they will add on a front plate or tint ticket. Only dangerous cities according to them in Socal is: Glendale, Irvine, Beverly Hills, high risk cities for front plate and tint.

Reactions: JimShaw