Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, it was hard to capture...The car was moving, the camera was panning, and the shot was pretty dark...If you didn't know it was a Model S to begin with, you could easily have missed it.

HouseOfLiesTeslaModelS.jpg

Anybody have a snippet they can post?

- - - Updated - - -

They did get that right...I think that's how you're going to see electric cars portrayed in TV and film, with a high-pitch whine sound...Hollywood can't have a car that makes NO noise on screen, it'll just look/sound weird ;)

Notice that you could hear an audible whine as he pulled up? Bet they had to add that in post so people knew it was electric :smile:

They did get that right...I think that's how you're going to see electric cars portrayed in TV and film, with a high-pitch whine sound...Hollywood can't have a car that makes NO noise on screen, it'll just look/sound weird ;)

The very reason that spacecraft have rumbling or whooshing sounds in airless space. Sounds are drama. Lack of sound is a lack of drama. :cool:

There was a snippet on the NBC Oscar coverage last night of some actress approaching the red carpet. I can't remember who because I was staring at the Model S behind her; black, 21" wheels. Anyone else see this? I haven't seen any coverage that mentions Hollywood celebs arriving in Model Ss.

There was a snippet on the NBC Oscar coverage last night of some actress approaching the red carpet. I can't remember who because I was staring at the Model S behind her; black, 21" wheels. Anyone else see this? I haven't seen any coverage that mentions Hollywood celebs arriving in Model Ss.

The entrancet o the red carpet has two drive up points 90 degrees from each other. One is Limo (someone else driving) and self driven (valet takes the car) If your NBC shot of an actress approach (not getting out) had the self driven line behind her then it is probably not a celebrity Tesla owned car as they all do the limo line. Though one would hope that there were lot's of Model S' in both lines to replace those statement Prius'.

How long before we start seeing the MS in movies and TV shows, or has it already been featured? Every time I see a scene where a hot ICE takes off, I envision a Tesla. It wouldn't have all the engine sound and bluster but would be impressive and would educate the masses. Showing the center screen would be icing on the cake.

I make mention of this every time I see an Audi in a movie. Of course, I tell my wife that Hollywood won't want a model S for a while because they can't get the deep bass rumble of the vroom vroom ICE, which stirs the audience in the theater.