Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, we watched episode 3 and 4 last night, so much Tesla in that one! ;-) Love how they used Ludicrous mode to get away hehehe...

I caught the show too, and enjoyed the Tesla mention. I wonder if Tesla paid for the product placement, since the range anxiety was a pretty big emphasis for the purpose of the plot? But then they did play up ludicrous mode, which we know is much less effective at lower states of charge like they were dealing with at the time. Overall, a pretty fair representation of Tesla, but I hope viewers realized that familiarity would eliminate nearly all the issues the two characters dealt with in he show.

Wondering whether Tesla was ever used in movies, soap operas, or music videos?

Not talking about Youtubes videos. Anytime "Performance" or "luxury" car is presented, we see too many Benz or BMW but I don't recall seeing a single Tesla.

The car has been out like 5 years already with many news.

Or is it too early for Model S to be in media?

It looks like the mods merged another thread into this one.

I don't know if it was mentioned up thread or not, but I read a while back that it's become fairly common in movies and TV for cars belonging to actors or people in the production of the program to use their own cars here and there. It makes it easy to get access to the vehicle and the person loaning the car gets a tax write off. A lot of people in the biz have Teslas, so a number have been used.

One example is the Tesla being driven by Marty Kaan in House of Lies. Apparently that was the personal car of Don Cheadle, the actor playing the role.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Jaden Smith has a music video with the Model X in it.
I recommend just skipping to 1:40 and not listening to the song
I don't know if it was mentioned up thread or not, but I read a while back that it's become fairly common in movies and TV for cars belonging to actors or people in the production of the program to use their own cars here and there. It makes it easy to get access to the vehicle and the person loaning the car gets a tax write off. A lot of people in the biz have Teslas, so a number have been used.

One example is the Tesla being driven by Marty Kaan in House of Lies. Apparently that was the personal car of Don Cheadle, the actor playing the role.
I remember reading that Jaden Smith was one of the first MX owners, surely that's his in the video

Reactions: Reekdog
It looks like the mods merged another thread into this one.

Yeah, it is merged by the mod.

I always feel that the Tesla cars are still underrated by media despite its superior performance.

Yeah, it is merged by the mod.

I always feel that the Tesla cars are still underrated by media despite its superior performance.

The vastly superior performance across the board is something that is hard to believe. For me as an engineer, I'm used to always trading off one thing for another and getting everything you could want and more is very unusual. The buying public have become used to there being relatively minor differences between one brand and another. And most of the other EVs out there are not very good cars that dramatically trade a lot of capability for the EV drivetrain as well as being ugly cars.

Tesla makes a completely different car and the world hasn't really realized this yet.

APB on Fox APB - TV Series News, Show Information - FOX Brash technology billionaire funds a police department and provides the latest technology developed by his company to fight crime. At one point he mentions that a number of his early rockets blew up before he was able to launch one successfully. His name is Gideon Reeves. I guess naming him Elon (Reeve) Musk would have been too obvious ;)

They did show it, but on Major Crimes last night (S05E14), the case hinged on markings on a victim's body that came from being shoved in the perp's frunk after death. He had a Model X. They only showed pictures of a Model X. I'm surprised they couldn't get one for filming, the show is made in Los Angeles.

2 (I think) Teslas in the pilot episode of The Arrangement - shown in several scenes. A midnight silver Model S with grey wheels shown a couple of times, and possibly a second black model S classic nose - it appears the two main characters drive them. They were prominently placed. :)