Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really liked Y The Last Man, and have been enjoying Saga; so when I saw Vaughan's latest, The Private Eye, I went ahead and picked it up.
IMG_8517.jpg

The settings is 2076 after "the cloud burst" - basically the internet got hacked hard and secrets about everybody got out. As a result everybody fiercely guards their privacy to the extent that they wear disguises in public, payphones have made a comeback, etc. Was reading chapter 3 last night and see that Tesla's still in business :)
IMG_8518.jpg

Reactions: Grendal
Tonight we watched a new 4K release that's available on CuriosityStream - On-Demand Videos for the Incurably Curious (7 day free trial, about 50 minutes long). The show features Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield driving cross country in a Model S. The premise is to demonstrate how the distance from NY to LA could scale to the planets across our solar system. Along the way Hadfield picks up notable passengers such as physicist Michio Kaku.

The crew had several cameras mounted inside and outside the Tesla. Beautiful scenery that highlights plenty of footage of the Model S. Make that both of them. Halfway through the show the refresh fascia Model S morphs into a classic S. I've got a hunch why, but there was no explanation for the change. The NY license plate is the same on both vehicles, but it's only a prop plate (ROCKET) that they had to swap out in order to remain street legal for most of the trip.

Saw a preview for a new movie coming out called "Why Him?" There is a Tesla with a giant Christmas tree on top of it in the movie.

Screenshot:
View attachment 202943

I saw "Why Him" on a flight recently and in addition to featuring the Model S prominently, Elon makes a cameo appearance at a hip Silicon Valley party.

Spoiler alert: One of the characters refers to an upscale, high-tech toilet as "the Tesla of toilets." It's a comedy.

Hi Nigel: my wife and I watched that season of Bosch very rapidly right after it was released and we laughed when we say that scene. :p Especially since we knew that Harry would never fix that ticket for that jerk (or for anyone).
"Bosch" on Amazon; Season 3, Episode 2. The school dad who asks Detective Bosch to fix his speeding ticket....
View attachment 230605

It's not the movies or TV but Clive Cussler's The Emperor's Revenge mentions a certain "Tesla SUV" in the opening chapters. There are a few mistakes when describing it though, since the camera isn't in the front bumper, etc. and the bad guys control it remotely. Still, it was nice to see Tesla mentioned.

On episode 4 of the newest Star trek, which is wildly divergent and seems to only share the name "Star trek" with the series, everything else is wildly different, the captain of the scientific ship "Discovery", 10 years ?before? the Enterprise, runs on ?Mushrooms? for it's star drive to instantaneously fly from "here to there" using a microscopic Tardigrade as it's supercomputer and quantum fluctuations to "guess where it's going exactly" and spores to power it,
says
"....famous folks.....a.name, Elon Musk and Zephram Cockram" (zephram invented the warp drive previously)
i'm unsure if its positive or not