TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Teslas in Movies & TV

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by vfx, Dec 21, 2012.

1. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

There was a Tesla cameo on the Major Crimes episode aired Jan 2, 2018. A character with private security comes down to a parking garage and there is a blue Model S parked near his waiting SUV.

2. futurem3owner

futurem3owner 2017 90D

Looks like the Model S will be featured in upcoming Season 5 of Silicon Valley. Can't wait for it. Love that show!

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

Think this is a Tesla S Refresh (still not so good at spotting those) in 'This is Us' this week. Feel free to abuse me if I am wrong. Such a great show. IMG_1428.jpg

4. wdolson

Yes, that looks like a post-April 2016 Model S front end. It may be just an illusion, but the wheel looks crooked.

5. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

Apparently in literal "camper mode" ;)

• Like x 1
  6. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#566 SMAlset, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018

From CBS daytime shows, Model X from screen captures back in 01/17 and Model S from 5/17:

TeslaOnTV - 1.jpg TeslaOnTV - 2.jpg TeslaOnTV - 3.jpg TeslaOnTV - 4.jpg

TeslaOnTV - 6.jpg TeslaOnTV - 5.jpg

7. SpdBug

SpdBug Member

This Is Us S2EP11 time 36:08

20180111_204154.jpg

8. wdolson

Accidental Model S appearance in Shameless. There was a black Model S behind Ian in one scene about 12 minutes in.

ShamelessScreen_180114.jpg

9. HabitualUser

HabitualUser Member

I'm hearing a lot of references to Tesla's in new hip-hop and rap songs. Smokepurpp, Future, Damon King, Jaden Smith (I don't have to tell you, i'm sure you already knew...)

Recently the "go-to" vehicle of choice for rappers has been the Rolls Royce Wraith, but I soon think a Tesla Model X will be seen as even trendier.

10. HabitualUser

HabitualUser Member

Looks like Dinesh gets launched into orbit by Ludicrous Mode :D

11. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

I spotted an interior shot of a Tesla, likely a Model S, in the PBS NOVA episode on the Solar Impulse. In Hawaii, they showed a scene with them driving a rental Tesla to the airport. Complete with a picture of their airplane on the web browser on the dash. Appropriate that they were in a Tesla, since the airplane they were flying around the world was solar/electric powered.

1:22:55 into The Impossible Flight — NOVA | PBS

• Informative x 1
  12. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

Were they talking about the fact that a large solar impulse would turn all of the world's Teslas into so much scrap aluminum?

13. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Given the amount of electronics in modern cars, it's not just Teslas that will be lobotomized. ;)

14. Electric Joe

Electric Joe Member

There has been at least one "accidental" Model S in each of the last three episodes of Modern Family this season. I think my wife is getting tired of hearing me point them out.

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Don't know if this was mentioned already, but in the season 4 finale of "Brokenwood Mysteries", which aired last November in New Zealand (and now available in the US streaming on acorn.tv), a refreshed white Model S made a brief appearance parked in the driveway of the victim's luxurious mansion.

16. wdolson

An EMP of any kind (nuclear weapons create them too) would knock out well over 90% of the cars on the road. The only electronics that would survive are those hardened for EMP, which is mostly military grade equipment.

17. ggies07

ggies07 Supporting Member

Skip to 2:35 to see Jimmy Fallon make fun of the gov't regulation on making EVs have sound at low speeds with Tesla. At first I was like "no he didn't!", but then it was soft enough to go "hahahahaha"

• Funny x 1
  18. arcus

arcus Active Member

I've recently spotted Model S in Electric Dreams Episode 2 - Autofac.

19. CliffG

CliffG Member

A driverless, self-driving Model X takes Scully for a ride in tonight's XFiles...

• Like x 1
  20. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Beat me to it.