TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Teslas in Movies & TV

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by vfx, Dec 21, 2012.

1. evp

evp Nerd

I want mine to do the air-car sound from the Jetsons.

• Like x 1
  2. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

Ditto! :)

Creepy episode

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

So, I've had my Model S for 5+ years now and I've finally bought a wireless MP3 doorbell to store in the nose cone specifically to make this sound (Jetson's noise)!

• Like x 1
  4. CliffG

CliffG Member

definitely dystopian. <shh /> don't let Alexa hear this ....

• Funny x 2
  5. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

And she opens her phone to the Musk article about AI being scarier than the PRNK. Creepy ep, indeed!

6. Barry

Barry Active Member

I laughed through most of that episode. I found it very funny.

7. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

#587 JenniferQ, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    After 9-1-1 and X Files, both on Fox last night, I need to rethink both full moons and baseball bats in my repertoire. And wow, so much to discuss in the X FIles. No spoilers here, though, I guess. I need a support group!

8. winfield100

winfield100 Active Member

are you sure it wasn't a model X?

9. arcus

arcus Active Member

Positive. It appears at the opening sequence, but it is also shown from different angle later in the show. Look at the door handles if you have any doubt.

10. CliffG

CliffG Member

Door handles, and that the driver's door opens out, not up (not Falcon wings).

• Like x 1
  11. wdolson

Doesn't the driver's door open out on both the Model S and X?

• Like x 1
  12. CliffG

CliffG Member

sure hope so! boy, that'd really crimp one's style if it opened in...

13. ATC@LWSK

Skopje, Macedonia/Abu Dhabi, UAE/Toronto, Canada
    Randomly watching the trailer for the movie "The Square" and I see this all-too-familiar taillight:

upload_2018-3-4_20-16-51.png

The Square (2017) - IMDb

14. wdolson

On Friday's Hawaii Five O there was a white Model X in the background of one shot. They were making an arrest of a wealthy construction contractor.

15. f-stop

f-stop Active Member

+1 - just catching up on PVR'ed episodes and the Tesla radio tuner in the early scene immediately caught my eye.

IMG_8779.JPG

yes, it's definitely a Model S with glass roof (not an X) - you can see the pop-out S style door handles clearly, plus the S' placement of the rear door handles

IMG_8780.JPG

• Like x 2
  16. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

We just got caught up and watched the episode online over the weekend. I came here to post and saw that we have a number of X-File viewers on here. While we laughed during the episode (recognizing too many things that seemed very familiar) it was creepy. Loved the intro about Elon's recent AI quote and cracked up when Scully hailed a Tesla X self-drive service.

Saw this real news story over the weekend about a robotic burger flipping "worker" and immediately thought of the episode again. Yum!
    Flippy the Burger Flipping Robot Is Now Cooking at the CaliBurger Fast Food Chain

• Like x 1
  17. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

We just got caught up and watched the episode online over the weekend. I came here to post and saw that we have a number of X-File viewers on here who beat me to mentioning it. While we laughed during the episode (recognizing too many things that seemed very familiar) it was creepy. Loved the intro about Elon's recent AI quote

IMG_1765.PNG

and cracked up when Scully hailed a Tesla X Whipz self-drive service.

IMG_1785.jpg

Then I saw this real news story over the weekend about a robotic burger flipping "worker" and immediately thought of the episode again. Yum!
    Flippy the Burger Flipping Robot Is Now Cooking at the CaliBurger Fast Food Chain

So while trying to update this post with the car photo, ran into a number of minutes of trying to access the forum section again. Had to laugh when this popped up on the screen. Loved it TMC...the robot when he can't open the door falls backwards to the ground. So appropriate considering this X-Files episode I was commenting on.

IMG_1789.jpg

18. wdolson

On last night's Daily Show Trevor Noah said they would be looking at the coming AI revolution this week. One thing he did bring up was a concern I've had. What will people do when machines do everything? Those who have some kind of creative job or those who can maintain the machines will still have work (until they perfect self maintained machines), but a vast number of jobs will be going away.

19. f-stop

f-stop Active Member

Here's a slightly different kind of TV appearance...

On tonight's (3/14) episode of Jeopardy, under the first round category "WHAT A HIGH-CLASS MISTAKE!"...

IMG_8815.JPG

... the $400 answer was:

IMG_8817.JPG

!!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Yes, I saw that last night! Tesla and Elon Musk have made a number of "appearances" on Jeopardy!