Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never heard of the show, never saw an episode. I haven't even had time to watch the clip I posted yet.

I have no context of the decorum of this forum or how this video might violate it. I am a proponent of self censorship... if you don't like something, don't imbibe in it. I'm against governing parties doing that for me.

Edit: This sounds accusatory, and directed at RogerHScott, that was not the intention.
Well, since you "pushed back" here, I really have to question the ethics of posting something you haven't even looked at. I trust by now you have looked at what you posted? Are you still happy that you did (you can always delete anything you posted, btw)? The only censorship I might be asking for would have been applied by you. I, too, am a proponent of self-censorship, but I mean the exact opposite of what you do with that term.

I trust by now you have looked at what you posted?
Actually, not yet. Holidays are consuming my time the last couple of weeks and into the next couple of weeks. I don't have a lot of time to watch movies and/or TV, so I'm usually way behind on such things.

I, too, am a proponent of self-censorship, but I mean the exact opposite of what you do with that term.
Although I respect your view, I don't want anyone to censor my content. That's for me to do. I am my own gauge. Other people don't know my tolerances. We have differing opinions.

I'm not easily offended, but there are things I don't think are very funny.
I would say I'm impossible to offend. I guess I just don't care enough about what people think of me or my opinions. Either that or I just haven't found my "offensive trigger" yet.

But it is a Tesla thing on a TV show.
It falls in line with the context of the thread, therefore appropriate to post. Only thing missing (obviously) is a warning that it could be offensive to some. Any content could be offensive to some. In fact, it seems more and more anything you post will offend someone.

Actually, not yet. Holidays are consuming my time the last couple of weeks and into the next couple of weeks. I don't have a lot of time to watch movies and/or TV, so I'm usually way behind on such things.

Although I respect your view, I don't want anyone to censor my content. That's for me to do. I am my own gauge. Other people don't know my tolerances. We have differing opinions.

In the time it took you to post your various follow-ups defending your decision to post, you could have watched your clip multiple times. Might be helpful before you further debate this. It's not about bad language, by the way - but it's very crude.

Reactions: RogerHScott
Seriously, it's a minute long clip and he keeps posting about how he doesn't have time to watch it. I'm not offended by the clip but am mystified by the excuses.
I don't know why I'm even responding... but it will be the last response related to this dead point.

I spend most of my time in areas I can't have audio being played. I can certainly watch the clip without audio, but that doesn't seem to tell me much. Maybe if I had subtitles. I do, however, have time to type out silent responses.

You call them excuses, I call them reality. Without knowing my situation, I'm surprised you're so quick to presume otherwise.

Thoroughbreds 1:22:05 mark Tesla Model S pulls up making engine sounds LOL
20190101_143924.jpg

Had CBS on tonight after the news and I think it was Family Feud (the game show with Steve Harvey), they asked the question "If you won the lottery today where would you be tomorrow?" One of the answers was at a Tesla Dealer (of course we know they meant Store LOL). No other car manufacturer was listed so kind of cracked me up and made me smile.

Reactions: Zapped
Current movie - Cold Pursuit with Liam Neeson. Red MX gets shot up. Odd thing is there are chains on the back wheels only.

Movie supposedly takes place in Colorado (Denver skyline in a few scenes), but the mountains and waterfall are clearly elsewhere (BC). Another early tip it was filmed in Canada was the small plane with the C- tail identifier.

We were watching an episode of The Good Doctor last night we hadn’t seen (where the two lead doctors are in a car kissing and realize they might have been seen by Shaun). The doctors were in a Model S. I think this was the “Believe” episode or the one after that. We binged watched a few last night to get caught up.

F15D1365-3E94-4822-A956-70DC51ACC741.png

Reactions: israndy
We were watching an episode of The Good Doctor last night we hadn’t seen (where the two lead doctors are in a car kissing and realize they might have been seen by Shaun). The doctors were in a Model S. I think this was the “Believe” episode or the one after that. We binged watched a few last night to get caught up.

View attachment 383722
But were they using the new Romance Mode, with crackling fire place, to do it? :p

• Love
Reactions: mspohr
I saw that too, but I didn't get a good image from the episode so glad you posted it. Hits ya like a ton of bricks still if ANYONE is driving a Tesla in something you are used to watching in popular culture. "Wow! Do they use an Amiga Computer too?"

-Randy

Reactions: SMAlset
Last night had CBS on and Family Feud was on. Looked up when the Question went something like “of 100 men, what did they say was something their boss said they bought that was most annoying listening to?”(or something to that effect) and the top answer was that they had bought a car/Tesla. Cracked us up and I guess if you are a boss might want to keep that in mind. Other answers in order of popular response were “boat, house and plane”.

7D010967-E890-4D01-A087-2883E2998D17.png

• Funny
Reactions: Kira