Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2021-2-1_15-48-33.png

A LOT of places in Los Angeles have valet...It's almost a way of life.

One of the reasons we Angelinos use valets is so we don't have to park on the street, and there may not be any spots close to a popular spot on the street. The valet is safer and offers peace of mind. The valets themselves present some small risk, but you at least have a chance to see and meet them face-to-face.

In the Chinese TV series "You Are So Sweet", a classic Model S driven by the lead actor got a lot of screen time. Its first appearance is right at the beginning, and the car makes appearances in many of the episodes. Nice to see Tesla vehicles getting favorable exposure worldwide.
(with English subtitles)
Screenshot at 2021-02-27 00-02-06.png Screenshot at 2021-02-27 00-01-34.png Screenshot at 2021-02-26 23-59-34.png

Silliest Tesla appearance yet was on this weeks Blacklist driven by a sex doll obsessed murder

31373961-82B6-4AA8-BE95-D9F6C2748F4A_1_201_a.jpeg

Cornered by the police there was no way out, so he drove out of frame as we heard the sounds of a car going off a cliff, only, no one's gonna trash even this rental quality car as there are still too few on the planet and we never see a shot of a wreck or even know the guy and his doll died (which they wouldn't with Tesla's safety rating) other than a slight reference in the scene after. So dumb.

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Silliest Tesla appearance yet was on this weeks Blacklist driven by a sex doll obsessed murder

View attachment 786009

Cornered by the police there was no way out, so he drove out of frame as we heard the sounds of a car going off a cliff, only, no one's gonna trash even this rental quality car as there are still too few on the planet and we never see a shot of a wreck or even know the guy and his doll died (which they wouldn't with Tesla's safety rating) other than a slight reference in the scene after. So dumb.

My partner is a fan of the show. That was one of several cringe worthy things in that episode. I also noted the tires squealed when he accelerated.

Reactions: israndy
I am pretty sure EVERY scene with a Tesla includes the screeching wheels, and I often hear engine revving sounds, I don't think film editors can do it any other way. Like when Star Trek tried to paint a girl green for the original Pilot and the film developer kept changing the chemicals so the final print had her skin looking vaguely like normal skin because that's how they color balance film is to skin tone, they don't do it any other way.

I am pretty sure EVERY scene with a Tesla includes the screeching wheels, and I often hear engine revving sounds, I don't think film editors can do it any other way. Like when Star Trek tried to paint a girl green for the original Pilot and the film developer kept changing the chemicals so the final print had her skin looking vaguely like normal skin because that's how they color balance film is to skin tone, they don't do it any other way.

Speaking of Star Trek...

Star Trek: Picard, S2 E5 ("Fly Me to the Moon") has a pre-refresh Model X with reasonable door handle alignment at about 14:52

Had tires screeching sound, but thankfully no engine noise.

Bruce.

Reactions: ChrisJ