Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I'd share the Black on Black with Grey 21's that was in last night's episode of House of Lies with Don Cheadle, he is also a model S owner himself. He appears to be driving two different cars, one with Grey 21's and one with the Silver 21's, both pictured here.

Looking at the pictures, could it just be that the lighting is so dark from the shadow that the silver just gives the appearance of being grey? The only other thing I can think of would be that between the filming of the two scenes he swapped his rims out for the other type.

Model S on CBS "Rake"

So i'm watching "Rake" remotely on CBS through Dishonline, and I find myself admiring the limited view of the silver vehicle behind the lead character. :confused: As I admired the lines of the car I noticed it appeared to have flush mounted door handles. No sooner did I ask who else had those that the camera changed views and showed in all its glory a Tesla Model S. :eek:

I was both embarrassed I did't recognize the car based on the limited view :redface: and simultaneously felt reassured yet again that I made the right choice. :love:

Nice grey Model S with 21s on tonight's Almost Human.

IMG_00000989.jpg
IMG_00000992.jpg

Damn, that's what I get for watching the show 2 days later - you beat me to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice catch. My wife always groans when I point out that police force (set in the future for those who don't follow the show) are all driving around in 20 year old Ford Fusions.
But you are so right! And - especially during the pilot - it seemed like they were not sure what they wanted to do. Sometimes the cars sounded EV, but then, for dramatic effect during a pursuit, they added a roaring engine sound.

Great show, BTW, I am really keeping all fingers crossed Fox doesn't cancel it...

Awesome! I have always liked Amanda Tapping ever since Stargate SG-1 and now I like her even more!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice grey Model S with 21s on tonight's Almost Human.

Well then, I guess I will make it a point to watch the show tonight! Good eye BTW given it's general "blending" capabilities, I probably would have missed it if you hadn't said something upfront! I have enjoyed this show, so this makes me happier about it :)