Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think this is a Tesla S Refresh (still not so good at spotting those) in 'This is Us' this week. Feel free to abuse me if I am wrong. Such a great show.
IMG_1428.jpg

Wondering whether Tesla was ever used in movies, soap operas, or music videos?

Not talking about Youtubes videos. Anytime "Performance" or "luxury" car is presented, we see too many Benz or BMW but I don't recall seeing a single Tesla.

The car has been out like 5 years already with many news.

Or is it too early for Model S to be in media?

From CBS daytime shows, Model X from screen captures back in 01/17 and Model S from 5/17:

TeslaOnTV - 1.jpg TeslaOnTV - 2.jpg TeslaOnTV - 3.jpg TeslaOnTV - 4.jpg

TeslaOnTV - 6.jpg TeslaOnTV - 5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hearing a lot of references to Tesla's in new hip-hop and rap songs. Smokepurpp, Future, Damon King, Jaden Smith (I don't have to tell you, i'm sure you already knew...)

Recently the "go-to" vehicle of choice for rappers has been the Rolls Royce Wraith, but I soon think a Tesla Model X will be seen as even trendier.

I spotted an interior shot of a Tesla, likely a Model S, in the PBS NOVA episode on the Solar Impulse. In Hawaii, they showed a scene with them driving a rental Tesla to the airport. Complete with a picture of their airplane on the web browser on the dash. Appropriate that they were in a Tesla, since the airplane they were flying around the world was solar/electric powered.

1:22:55 into The Impossible Flight — NOVA | PBS

• Informative
Reactions: BluestarE3
I spotted an interior shot of a Tesla, likely a Model S, in the PBS NOVA episode on the Solar Impulse. In Hawaii, they showed a scene with them driving a rental Tesla to the airport. Complete with a picture of their airplane on the web browser on the dash. Appropriate that they were in a Tesla, since the airplane they were flying around the world was solar/electric powered.

1:22:55 into The Impossible Flight — NOVA | PBS
Were they talking about the fact that a large solar impulse would turn all of the world's Teslas into so much scrap aluminum?

Don't know if this was mentioned already, but in the season 4 finale of "Brokenwood Mysteries", which aired last November in New Zealand (and now available in the US streaming on acorn.tv), a refreshed white Model S made a brief appearance parked in the driveway of the victim's luxurious mansion.