Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that they had several close-ups showing the Tesla logo on the steering wheel, but no mention of the car itself or why they chose a Tesla for those "on the road" segments.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but it might just be that's somebody's car and they just used it. Filming with an electric car has some advantages over an ICE. They are quieter.

Lethal Weapon S2E20 18:37 Model S crossing in front of the theater

20180429_174235.jpg

More Tesla appearances in the latest 2 episodes of HBO's "Silicon Valley", as some other Pied Piper employees become owners...

in last week's episode "Initial Coin Offering" (S5 Ep7 May 6/18) there's various discussions of Insane, Ludicrous and even Plaid (Roadster) modes, and Dinesh turns to the Referral Program to earn a set of Arachnids as a way to "maintain his Tesla Superiority"

meanwhile in this week's "Fifty-One Percent (S5 Ep8 May 13/18), both Valet mode and Ludicrous mode play a small part in the plotline

I'm surprised how rarely Teslas are mentioned in pop music. Cardi B talks about Porche all the time and Kesha and Bruno Mars mentioned their Cadillacs in recent songs. You'd think hip young pop stars would be singing about "electric sex in the back of the X". Like that? I just came up with that. Open source. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
I'm surprised how rarely Teslas are mentioned in pop music. Cardi B talks about Porche all the time and Kesha and Bruno Mars mentioned their Cadillacs in recent songs. You'd think hip young pop stars would be singing about "electric sex in the back of the X". Like that? I just came up with that. Open source. ;)

I think the car most sought after in the rap world is the Cadillac Escalade. Not a rapper, but the son of one: Will Smith's son was an early Model X owner.

A model S was on Reverie last night, driven by Alexis. When she approached the car it looked like she clicked on the fob and there was a double chirp. Can the S be programmed for that or did the sound editors go overboard?

After she drove off she was followed by her disgraced ex-partner who was kicked out of the company. He was driving a Volt. :D Coincidence? I think not.