Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Press your luck again. Prizes selected based on contestants list of dream prizes. Not sponsorship. Contestant won over a half million including 2 Teslas. Biggest win in the history of the show. Season 2 Episode 6 aired 7/12/20.
06B58458-2918-4C7D-B78C-2BD6E149A07A.jpeg
78BE50B0-3B9C-40FF-B988-D4D483E34A2D.jpeg
77A6DCAC-09B0-4B61-92EE-25B2CAD93B24.jpeg
F3DF82A8-5DEB-44C6-B795-7A3CDED0E14A.jpeg
3062B868-73E7-4E54-B8C8-5833A8FF9F4A.jpeg

C0F373AA-C8D1-4100-BCD0-A8DA209F2113.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I can't remember the product, but there was a Model S in a commercial I saw the other day. they were talking about how automated the world was getting and showed someone with a smart fridge then went outside and someone was auto parking a Model S on the street.

Watching HBOMax and the Thanksgiving day release of “Superintelligence” with Melissa McCarthy. She gets picked up by a black Model X with no driver.

FFF9B3FB-C129-4F55-B923-0D30B060681F.jpeg

4B6789A2-1DF9-48AA-A462-820CB6721D24.jpeg

James Corden is the voice of the AI. From an article I read Melissa and her husband had spoken to Elon while doing research on AI. When the car pulls up to pick up Melissa’s character, Carol, she hears the voice of KITT from “Knight Rider”. PG movie for the whole family. A number of references to past things like “War Games”.

Carol’s excited to learn that she now owns a Tesla (bought for her by the AI). Car is used in numerous scenes. Christmas Easter Egg is also featured.

Last edited:
I saw a Model 3 the other day in a show, not belonging to one of the characters, but I didn't post about it because they are becoming like any other car. Actually, if they are trying to represent what I see outside my door they really need to step it up as I cannot go a block in my town w/o seeing another Tesla. For a long time, it was just me and one other guy on the other side of the island. Now I have 3 neighbors on my block and probably 24 around my block that I see on my dog walk.

Reactions: EdA
I saw a Model 3 the other day in a show, not belonging to one of the characters, but I didn't post about it because they are becoming like any other car. Actually, if they are trying to represent what I see outside my door they really need to step it up as I cannot go a block in my town w/o seeing another Tesla. For a long time, it was just me and one other guy on the other side of the island. Now I have 3 neighbors on my block and probably 24 around my block that I see on my dog walk.
They eat 1 pound, they poop out 3 pounds. I don’t get it.

You do live in Tesla central. They aren't as common around here. One neighbor a couple of blocks away bought a used Model S 70D, but that's the only other Tesla in walking distance of my house. They are around, it's rare I don't go out and see another Tesla, but they aren't as thick on the ground here as in the Bay Area.

OK not Tesla per se but tonight I watched “Let Them All Talk” (movie just released on HBOMax). Rather long, slow character driven movie about a female writer (Meryl Streep) and her two college roommates (Candice Bergen, Dianne Wiest) from years ago and her nephew who she takes on the Queen Mary 2 to England to accept an award. Anyway about 1:25:55 minutes into it one of the characters, played by Wiest, out of the blue during dinner conversation asks “do you even know what happened yesterday? When we were out of communication with the world? Do you know what happened? You don’t know what happened. Does anyone know what happened? ....Elon Musk sent many, many telecom satellites into the sky that look exactly like stars...” I cracked up. I never expected to hear Elon’s name mentioned in this movie of all things. Too funny.

Reactions: ATC@LWSK
Another not Tesla per se. Had the 2006 satirical movie, free on Amazon Prime, “Thank You for Smoking” in a watchlist . Finally sat down to watch and did not know Elon was into producing movies. This with PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel. Great cast.

8DC83879-FD93-4F33-B75B-DDD0F4349B9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: bhzmark