Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Halloween Ends (2022) Tesla Model 3 in a junk yard:

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 2.48.06 PM.png

Just came back to watching "Blacklist" after couple of years of break. There's at least 2 episodes since season 5 (where I left off) that Tesla cars are present. The recent one is S9E13 "Genuine Models" featuring black Model S.

Just watching Barbarian and Justin Long rents a Nissan Leaf at the airport, which is crazy, but then the car comes to a stop at his house and backs up and they dubbed in ICE noise, it's gotta be in purpose, like making fun of all those Teslas that have had engine noise dubbed in movies before.

Just watching Barbarian and Justin Long rents a Nissan Leaf at the airport, which is crazy, but then the car comes to a stop at his house and backs up and they dubbed in ICE noise, it's gotta be in purpose, like making fun of all those Teslas that have had engine noise dubbed in movies before.
I remember an episode of Hawaii 5-0 where they were driving a Bolt and upon doing a quick U turn, smoke came off the rear inside tire like it was burning rubber turning around. Hilarious what they do in movies and TV for dramatic effect.
Another place filmmakers take artistic license is with guns.... silencers that can't be heard from the next room when reality says a silencer takes 150db down to 120db. or 100 shot six shooters.

Reactions: N4HHE
Yeah, “Hollywood Reality.” Firearms have no recoil. After being fired inside a building or vehicle actors keep speaking in a normal voice. “Silencers“ make a .45ACP quieter than an air rifle. Manual transmissions upshift 20+ gears, almost never downshift. First couple episodes of CHiPS the police motorcycles squealed tires in turns during pursuit. Automobiles squealed tires in grass fields. Would have been more realistic to have played a laugh track. Sadly people know no better and believe this stuff.

Loved the V8 engine exhaust of the Prius in Zombeavers. But that was a satire movie.

Reactions: ai4px
Another thing is the whine planes make when they dive. That whine is a noise biplanes made when they dove. It's the sound of the wind in the guy wires between the wings. Germany produced an artificial whine from the sirens of Jericho installed on the early Ju-87 Stukas, but no other aircraft since the biplane era has made noises like you hear in movies in a dive.

Reactions: N4HHE and ai4px
Saw a blue Tesla on Monday evening, 1/9/23, during the 3-part NCIS, NCIS:Hawaii, NCIS:LA event. Car was parked on the street but don’t recall which particular show it appeared on. Given how many Teslas are in California I’m not surprised to see them pop up in background shots since many Tv shows are filmed here.

And an MSM Model X in the first two episodes of Will Trent on ABC. I think it will be recurring as the lead character grew up with the guy who owns the Tesla. How long until someone does something Tesla specific with one of these cars like they did in the first season of Big Sky where the car drove off in a car chase on autopilot w/o anyone driving

Is that the taxi lane into the airport? Reminds me of trying to pick up my wife from SeaTac this last Thanksgiving

I assume they only had one Tesla that they beat up in post after parking that car at every position in the above composite.