TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Teslas in the Tulips

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by psingram, Jan 24, 2017.

1. psingram

psingram Member

OK, I am not very good at this, but lets see what happens.
    Barbara & I want to organize a "mini rally" we are calling
    Teslas in the Tulips, a one day tour through the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. The date we have chosen is April 22nd, Earth Day! Our plan is to stage up at the Burlington SC at 0830, have breakfast at Bob's, charge the cars then leave around 1030 for the Tulip fields. As we get tired of looking at flowers, and hunger returns we can go back to Mount Vernon and partake of the local Kiwanis Clubs Salmon BBQ always a great feed and a real steal.
    There is a nice (looking anyway) motel at the SC for those coming from farther away who may wish to stay the night.
    This is a fun only event, no registration fees, no pins or patches, just friends and food and fun. If it is well received, we could reach out further next year and make it a two day, more formal event with side trips and all the trimmings.
    I would ask however, that if you are interested in coming, send us an e-mail confirming so we can advise Bobs how many to expect.
    [email protected]
    Hope to see a large "coil" of Teslas tip toeing through the Tulips.
    P&B

• Like x 1
  2. dss33

dss33 Member

Sounds like a ton of fun! Thanks for organizing. I'm pretty sure we can attend (the wife and I) though I'll stay on the thread and confirm as soon as we can.

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

i already responded via email to a similar post elsewhere, but so far it looks like my wife and I can make this.

For those that haven't seen them, the tulip fields can be pretty remarkable.

For those that haven't met them, P&B are very nice.

4. Scott-P

Scott-P Member

My wife, son and I will plan to come too.

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

If I lived there, I'd tippie toe with you!
    Have a blast.....

• Funny x 1
  6. Sather

Sather Member

I live in Bow/Edison off Chuckanut drive. Is about 10 min from the Burlington Supercharger. Will definitely try to join. Teslas in my hood!

7. JackA

JackA Member

Charlene and I are planning around Earth Day activities to attend.

8. ThortsMD

ThortsMD Member

Teslas love tulips.... P1020672.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  9. JohnSherrill

JohnSherrill New Member

This will be the first Tulip Festival my wife and I have attended. Looking forward in driving up for the event.

10. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

I expect that I can attend this event. I've been meaning to check out the tulip experience, so this will be a good way to do that. I'll get the confirming email sent out soon.

Funny you should use that group collective descriptor -- I happen to be the current "owner" of the WA State COIL personalized license tag! I've had it for almost eight years, mounted on my Roadster.

11. psingram

psingram Member

Hi all, for those coming to "Teslas in the Tulips" we now have "T" shirts available. $15.00 each, pay at the event, but please let me know how many and what sizes. Thanks

12. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

Was at the Burlington SuperCharger this morning (Tesla in the Tulips sign is still up).

Was amused at this... 20170319_135953412_iOS.jpg

13. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Maybe he's practicing!

14. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

I'm sad to say that I won't be able to attend this event. A dear friend of mine is coming into town to attend the Coffee Expo, and I've decided to spend time with him instead, since we see each other so rarely.

I was looking forward to finally seeing the tulips, and it would've been very fun to do it in the company of other Teslas (and owners). Difficult choices must be made sometimes...

15. hpartsch

hpartsch Member

I'm assuming you put the signs up at the hotel/supercharger -- they look great! Two of the superchargers were super slow this weekend. I reported them to Tesla -- hopefully they fix them before the big event! I so want to come; however, I'll be out of town those days :( :(.

16. dss33

dss33 Member

Not sure if anyone will see this but we're heading up now and should be there a little after 9:30. We'll have our dog with us so can't go into Bob's, but figured we'd catch you guys a little before you're finished breakfast and head out with you around 10:30 if that's still the plan. If you do leave earlier, just let me know address of the first stop and we'll find you guys.

Happy Earth Day!