Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Million Mile Battery technology around the corner.

Would you buy a New Tech Battery Pack from Tesla if they offered it? If so how much would you pay?

• Yes I'll buy it I'll pay USD $15,000 +

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Yes I'll Buy but only spend $10,000 Max

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No I wouldn't buy it.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s New Lithium-Ion Patent Brings Company Closer to Promised 1 Million-Mile Battery

So with this new technology seemingly around the corner, And the the older Batteries being seemingly being a nuisance to Tesla and disgruntled owners who are upset at the Batteries capacities and charged performance being Nuked in updates the past year.

What are the chances that Tesla charges to have these new batteries retrofitted onto your existing Pre-Raven Model S.

The battery packs have in the past being replaced under Warranty to higher capacity packs without much change or modification to the other components of the car. This Modularity was once a envisioned fast charging solution where you would have your battery packs replaced within minutes to "Fast Charge"

The new battery packs will Improve Efficiency, Energy Density, and quadruple the Life Cycles of the existing Li-Ion battery packs.

Would you pay $10,000 (Rough Estimate) to buy a new Tech Battery pack to upgrade your Battery and range to 400 Miles?

Your point mentioned $29k, now I see you are re-positioning at $10k.

Good movement of the goal-posts; reduction of $250 per kWh in one post. Even Tesla does not innovate that fast.
I didn’t move any goal posts. I made a reference to an available price for the Roadster upgrade, and mentioned that I think you are quite a bit off on your estimate of $10K. I stand by that.

Reactions: Rocky_H
OK I've adjusted the targets in the Poll, But the Question still stands, For us Pre-HW3 Model S /X owners who are having their range and Supercharging speeds throttled, Tesla is doing that to prolong Battery life and ensure that these batteries last through the Warranty period.

As the first 2012 Model S start expiring on their Battery/ Power-train Warranties, there has to be a market for "refreshed" battery technology that remove the unwanted Charging throttling and increase the Range of their cars even above the original purchased range.

With so many different battery technologies out there, What is stopping companies from taking their own battery technology and creating battery alternatives to Tesla. The patents are open source. Other companies could theoretically make Tesla Battery packs that would work in the car because everything that is required to make them work are available for any manufacturer to see.

A Spanish company develops a battery with an autonomy of 800 kilometers | Graphenano Nanotechnologies

Imagine the aftermarket capabilities.

And hell if an aftermarket company comes out with a better solution than what Tesla did on their own, Tesla will surely buy them out and make their solution their own.

OK I've adjusted the targets in the Poll, But the Question still stands, For us Pre-HW3 Model S /X owners who are having their range and Supercharging speeds throttled, Tesla is doing that to prolong Battery life and ensure that these batteries last through the Warranty period.

As the first 2012 Model S start expiring on their Battery/ Power-train Warranties, there has to be a market for "refreshed" battery technology that remove the unwanted Charging throttling and increase the Range of their cars even above the original purchased range.

With so many different battery technologies out there, What is stopping companies from taking their own battery technology and creating battery alternatives to Tesla. The patents are open source. Other companies could theoretically make Tesla Battery packs that would work in the car because everything that is required to make them work are available for any manufacturer to see.

A Spanish company develops a battery with an autonomy of 800 kilometers | Graphenano Nanotechnologies

Imagine the aftermarket capabilities.

And hell if an aftermarket company comes out with a better solution than what Tesla did on their own, Tesla will surely buy them out and make their solution their own.

If this would come real in not a looooooong time, i would certainly pay up to 10.000 to put a 800 km range battery on my S85.