Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas Now Being Delivered with Turn Signal and Cruise Control Stalks Swapped!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case people are curious:

15268565926_15d3c762ef.jpg

If the connectors and wiring haven't changed, I'd love to attempt a retrofit/replacement of the earlier versions. I may have to look into doing this....all my other cars have the turn signal higher and even after a year with the MS, I still haven't gotten used to the placement.

If the connectors and wiring haven't changed, I'd love to attempt a retrofit/replacement of the earlier versions. I may have to look into doing this....all my other cars have the turn signal higher and even after a year with the MS, I still haven't gotten used to the placement.

I really don't follow why this is such an issue for some people. Unless things have changed most Japanese cars have the stalks reversed, do I'd think toggling between a Japanese car and then a US or German car would be more of a chore. Our other car is an Audi, and I have no issue moving between the two cars, at least from the stalks point of view. Remembering to turn off the engine and look the car is a whole different matter!

So next year when I replace my wife's Lexus LS460 with a 2015 Model S, we will have cars with different versions of controls on the left. Will be an issue with muscle memory. Will need to ask my service center/Jerome G. about a retrofit (hopefully just the switch cluster behind the steering wheel itself, and no change to the wiring harness).

I can't say I'm a fan of the new setup. MB is just changing things for the hell of it (eg, center window switches). Having to turn on cruise control is also unneeded. Drive an S Class from 1999 or earlier and there is no stalk confusion.