TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Teslas ordered beginning 2017 will have limited supercharging

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Mickie, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Mickie

Mickie Member

This just in my inbox...

An Update to our Supercharger Program
    Four years ago, Tesla introduced the Supercharger Network – the world’s fastest charging solution – to enable convenient long distance travel. Today, more than 4,600 Superchargers allow over 160,000 Tesla owners to drive all over the world.

We recently announced a change to the economics of Supercharging – one that allows us to reinvest in the network, accelerate its growth and bring all owners, current and future, the best Supercharging experience.

Any Tesla ordered by December 31, 2016 will continue to benefit from free unlimited Supercharging. For Model S and Model X vehicles ordered after January 1, 2017, 400 kWh of free Supercharging credits (roughly 1,000 miles) will be included annually so that owners can continue to enjoy free Supercharging during travel. Read the blog.

Edit: just read this was posted in their blog on the 7th. Apologies if this's old news!

2. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

News to me, thanks for sharing.

3. Norfolk Enchants

Hmmm..disappointing Tesla

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Have y'all not seen the hundreds of posts here about this for the past week?

5. Hammer@OR.US

6. Mickie

Mickie Member

Been so preoccupied as of late I haven't found a minute to dip in. The email prompted me to, though!

7. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Probably sending notices out in batches? Got my notice within the last couple hours. An incentive more than ever to keep my S75 for a long, long, time.

8. Tam

Tam Active Member