Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s Other New Product – A Phone Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has quietly launched a new product on its website, a mobile battery pack to charge your phone and other devices.

The “PowerBank” battery pack is shaped like the Tesla supercharger monument at the company’s headquarters and has a built-in USB, micro USB and lightning cable.

Tesla says the battery pack uses a single 18650 cell, the same standard lithium-ion cell used in every Tesla made before the Model 3. The battery pack has a 3350mAh capacity, which can charge most phones once. The PowerBank is costs $45 and is available for order.

8756721-00-A_2.jpg

8756721-00-A_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is true that there are way more cost-effective and/or higher capacity mobile battery solutions but I'd bet that wasn't the point of this product. You're paying for the design...it's a Tesla-themed widget. (Put another way, you can buy a T-shirt for a lot less than the Tesla logo shirts in the on-line store and nobody's complaining about that, right?)

For some people it's worth it (or it's a nice gift for some Tesla enthusiast). For others it makes no sense whatsoever. In other words, if the most important thing to you is the price or the battery capacity, you aren't the target market for this device.

Bruce.

It is true that there are way more cost-effective and/or higher capacity mobile battery solutions but I'd bet that wasn't the point of this product. You're paying for the design...it's a Tesla-themed widget. (Put another way, you can buy a T-shirt for a lot less than the Tesla logo shirts in the on-line store and nobody's complaining about that, right?)

For some people it's worth it (or it's a nice gift for some Tesla enthusiast). For others it makes no sense whatsoever. In other words, if the most important thing to you is the price or the battery capacity, you aren't the target market for this device.

Bruce.
My thoughts too. Nice gift. Cool to have...

What is USB-C and why would you need that to charge an phone ?
Long live iPhonemania;)
USB-C is something you need to charger iPhone fast.

I think they should offer more powerbank models! (I'm not going to buy them but idea is awesome).
First: Megacharger bank - one 2170 cell.
Second: Powerwall bank - two 18650 cells.
Third: Powerpack bank - four 2170 cells.
Not enough?? Exclusive Falcon 9 torch light (go crazy with lumens, 9x3W CREE's maybe).

Last edited:
Out of stock...Doh! Is there a way I could put down a deposit for the Xmas 2019 model?
If you want it just keep trying. They seem to be selling quickly. I got mine on the third try, but they’ve already shipped. Christmas presents solved!

‘Value’ is like all other branded products. For me it was far cheaper than my original plan, Tesla jackets.

Reactions: Aieukl378
Great cool design, especially with the charging cord embedded (where you don't have to keep up with it) and the USB, micro USB and Lightning Cable cover all the bases. The fact that it will only charge a phone once is actually good. Those that are designed to charge phones multiple times are bulky, heavy and a crutch for someone who doesn't plan ahead. And if I was concerned about "value" rather than quality, I would not be a Tesla enthusiast.