Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's path to luxury category domination may get easier, domestically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trump reportedly said he wants to stop German luxury car imports in the US

The easiest way to dominate a category is have the others priced out. Likely this will lead to matching tariffs on US exports (so Tesla may not do so well in Europe).

Of course all of this is moot if Tesla cannot meet demands with its supply.

Thoughts on the impact of this in implementation on Tesla?

The FUD of the possible tariffs on the world market is certainly felt in many places.

Great, so in a few years, with no domestic competition, we'll be back to American made cars being substantially inferior to anything made overseas with matching abysmal mpg ratings. The only worthwhile vehicle then will be a Tesla.

I hate German cars, expensive to buy and expensive to maintain. And all you get is a feeling that you are driving an expensive car. Way overhyped as a car.

Those cheap ones are just *sugar*(VW).

Spoken by someone who has probably never owned one. I have been leasing BMW’s for close to 20 years and my maintenance cost is $0. It’s hard to call a BMW 4 series expensive when it is the same as a Model 3.

And someone should tell our idiot president that BMW built close to 1 million cars in the U.S. last year. Good luck replacing those jobs if he starts a pi$$ing match that cause BMW, Honda, Toyota, etc... to start closing U.S. factories.