Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Photos from Used Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dannycamps Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. I realized that it may arrive during Thanksgiving week, so I'll be out of town, so I'm hoping I can schedule for the following week if it ends up that it does arrive before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping it doesn't and I can schedule for around the first week of Dec. Crossing fingers that the service center in Fremont, CA is flexible.

LOL now you have to place deposit first before they send you pictures of actual car?
Tesla never stops with negative surprises.
I sent them 3 requests to send me pics of used MS and after 3 weeks still nothing.
Now I see they want me to charge 2k for pics.
Way to go Tesla

LLLLLOOOOLLLLL

Where do you see Tesla asking for 2K deposit for used car? You are too funny.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Those wheels look immaculate. The 21’s are exceedingly easy to curb.

Yeah, they look very well taken care of. I'm debating on keeping them, or selling them to get 19" slipstreams.

Well, I got the call today, and my inspection is scheduled for this Friday at noon! I reserved on 11/12, and 10 days later I'm getting ready for inspection! Car transported from Atlanta to Fremont. I have to say, I haven't had much of a negative experience so far with the whole buying online and what not (knocks on wood). Other than the advisors and other reps that weren't as responsive as I had hoped them to be, all in all it's been a positive experience so far. Even Jason my vehicle advisor took his time and thoroughly described to me the whole process and what to expect during the inspection.

I have never been so nervous about purchasing a car than I am today. At the same time, I am REALLY excited, and I hope the car meets or exceeds my expectations so I can take ownership and be driving this weekend a 2016 Tesla Model S 90D! My first Tesla, and I can't believe it! Now I can't sleep just wondering what is all that I should be looking for. I've read countless of posts online, plus taking a friend from work who also drives a Tesla and is well informed. Here's to taking ownership on Friday!

/cheers! :D

Reactions: ZappCatt and rsg123
Yeah, they look very well taken care of. I'm debating on keeping them, or selling them to get 19" slipstreams.

Well, I got the call today, and my inspection is scheduled for this Friday at noon! I reserved on 11/12, and 10 days later I'm getting ready for inspection! Car transported from Atlanta to Fremont. I have to say, I haven't had much of a negative experience so far with the whole buying online and what not (knocks on wood). Other than the advisors and other reps that weren't as responsive as I had hoped them to be, all in all it's been a positive experience so far. Even Jason my vehicle advisor took his time and thoroughly described to me the whole process and what to expect during the inspection.

I have never been so nervous about purchasing a car than I am today. At the same time, I am REALLY excited, and I hope the car meets or exceeds my expectations so I can take ownership and be driving this weekend a 2016 Tesla Model S 90D! My first Tesla, and I can't believe it! Now I can't sleep just wondering what is all that I should be looking for. I've read countless of posts online, plus taking a friend from work who also drives a Tesla and is well informed. Here's to taking ownership on Friday!

/cheers! :D
Congrats. Make sure to come back and update it on how it went!

I contacted a Used Sales Agent and never heard back. oh well.

@darxsys might be over the top but I have to agree with his statement:
Maybe if people stopped buying these cars through this idiotic process, Tesla would come to its senses and start selling these cars the proper way.

hey, it’s their money so they can do whatever they want. The thing that ticked me off was trying to ask for help here knowing full well that the process is garbage after they already started the process.

Metaphorically speaking, jumping into a pool full of sharks and then yelling for help is a bit mind blowing to me.

Speaking more generally, it’s actually interesting to see how so many successful people (even a preowned Tesla isn’t cheap and not everyone can buy it so I assume a certain level of success), are willing to bend over and let Elon screw them just for the sake of owning one of these things and being hip and cool at your local Whole foods parking lot. It reminds me a lot of hard core Apple fans. Apple at least delivered some degree of quality and customer service.

To each their own. The brutal truth is sometimes necessary, but obviously doesn’t enlighten everyone. I wish George Carlin were still alive, he would have a lot of material to work with in this day and age of incredibly ridiculous things and naive consumers, as illustrated by that cybrtrk garbage which somehow has 150k orders by now. All in all, I should probably stop posting here since I sold my car.

Even though it seemed like I attacked you with my previous post, I actually felt bad for you and was hoping to help you think a bit more about this purchase. I can’t tell how much you’ve researched, but I am not convinced given that you’re buying a 90D. 90s are probably Teslas worst batteries by a long shot, and even V3 isn’t great. 75D would’ve been a much safer buy, and even an 85D that didn’t suffer from battery gate is likely better.

Good luck in any case, I felt the same on the day I bought mine. It was a dream come true. Now I just feel bitterness and resentment towards this completely insane company and their products. Just passing by their local service center here makes me nervous and I sure hope I never meet any of those techs in real life, because I have so much nasty stuff to tell them.

Hope you have better luck with yours and have fun, the instant torque is super wild and amusing. The only thing I really miss - hopefully I’ll buy some other performant EV in a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: cucubits
@agonz73 Thank you for your input.

I have been researching buying either a 2016-18 MS (<$45k) or a newer M3(<$35k) for a few months and as you (and many others) have shared, I agree it's simply not worth buying from a vendor other than Tesla. That said, I have primarily been looking at EV-CPO and TeslaCPO which, are essentially two sides of the same coin leading back to Tesla. More recently I stumbled onto O.U.T. (seems like an unattached CPO vendor?). I too am in no rush as I am still choosing between the MS of which I simply enjoy the styling and ride quality so much more than the M3 but, I like the lower price and newer tech of the M3. Since I am planning to drive the car back to my home from wherever I buy I am not worried about the $2k shipment fee. But the whole purchase process is still a bit foggy to me. If you or anyone reading has any insight into the following questions I would be most appreciative:

1. Are prices online firm or is there any room for negotiation? I'm planning to pay cash without a loan if that matters.
2. I understand there is a 3-5 week wait when buying new, is this the same for used purchases?

@dirkbike1 I actually agree with the sentiment of his statement as well, I'm just not a fan of assholes on the internet. Tesla knows its product is amazing and people like me are willing to beta test all parts of the process. While I wish the purchase process was different, telling a few people online not to go through it is not going to change anything. In the grand scheme of things, we're all just part of some cosmic game of marbles, anyway.

Cheers!

hey, it’s their money so they can do whatever they want. The thing that ticked me off was trying to ask for help here knowing full well that the process is garbage after they already started the process.

Metaphorically speaking, jumping into a pool full of sharks and then yelling for help is a bit mind blowing to me.

Speaking more generally, it’s actually interesting to see how so many successful people (even a preowned Tesla isn’t cheap and not everyone can buy it so I assume a certain level of success), are willing to bend over and let Elon screw them just for the sake of owning one of these things and being hip and cool at your local Whole foods parking lot. It reminds me a lot of hard core Apple fans. Apple at least delivered some degree of quality and customer service.

To each their own. The brutal truth is sometimes necessary, but obviously doesn’t enlighten everyone. I wish George Carlin were still alive, he would have a lot of material to work with in this day and age of incredibly ridiculous things and naive consumers, as illustrated by that cybrtrk garbage which somehow has 150k orders by now. All in all, I should probably stop posting here since I sold my car.

Even though it seemed like I attacked you with my previous post, I actually felt bad for you and was hoping to help you think a bit more about this purchase. I can’t tell how much you’ve researched, but I am not convinced given that you’re buying a 90D. 90s are probably Teslas worst batteries by a long shot, and even V3 isn’t great. 75D would’ve been a much safer buy, and even an 85D that didn’t suffer from battery gate is likely better.

Good luck in any case, I felt the same on the day I bought mine. It was a dream come true. Now I just feel bitterness and resentment towards this completely insane company and their products. Just passing by their local service center here makes me nervous and I sure hope I never meet any of those techs in real life, because I have so much nasty stuff to tell them.

Hope you have better luck with yours and have fun, the instant torque is super wild and amusing. The only thing I really miss - hopefully I’ll buy some other performant EV in a few years.

While researching buying a Tesla I have seen detractors, but I don't often run into those who are as disgruntled as you are. Would you mind sharing your experiences with me? I'm not looking to have my mind changed, I just like getting as much data as possible to have the most accurate analysis.

Reactions: ahhlun
While researching buying a Tesla I have seen detractors, but I don't often run into those who are as disgruntled as you are. Would you mind sharing your experiences with me? I'm not looking to have my mind changed, I just like getting as much data as possible to have the most accurate analysis.

Really interested as well lol he sold the car but yet still come to the Tesla forum to bash them.
I wonder how deep did Elon screw with him.

90D V1 had lots of problem but the op's 90D is a facelifted model, and getting a 90D v2 or v3 is going to be better than a 75D even with degradation. (Range and SC charge speed)

1. Are prices online firm or is there any room for negotiation? I'm planning to pay cash without a loan if that matters.
2. I understand there is a 3-5 week wait when buying new, is this the same for used purchases?

Didn't see these answered anywhere.

1. Pricing from Tesla is non-negotiable. This is made clear in their FAQs and is part of their process. At the same time, there is no upsell of add-ons either.

2. Depends. I have purchased two Teslas this year. One was a used (2015) and the other was a new inventory (2019). Both times the transactions were completed (order to delivery) in under 10 days. The general consensus around here though is to be prepared for around a month. YMMV based on car location, prep time, etc...

For the used ones it depends a lot if you pick it up or have it shipped by Tesla. When I got my S, after placing the order I was told it would be 5-6 days if I go get it or 2-3 weeks if I have it shipped to me.

I chose shipping as it was way too far and from order to delivery it was exactly 4 weeks.