Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Quarterly Webcast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blogger's notes on Tesla's quarterly financial report given by Elon Musk via webcast.

Traderhood Tesla ER
Some highlights:

• they will have beta Model S late summer and let potential customers drive test them; this will coincide with the marketing push for reservations – for the moment they have 3700 reservations (at least $5000 each)
• a 5 star safety 2010 rating equals 3 star 2012 rating; Model S will be 5 star by the 2012 standard – obviously they will crash a lot of those beauties
• Elon is very excited by the sports version of Model S – no other details about it
• they spent extra (1y return on investment) to be able to make 20k Model S per year with one shift – so if needed they can accelerate to 60k/y really fast

Awesome. They're actually talking about a sport version. I hope it's available the first model year. Don't see any reason why it can't.

Is there a link to the actual webcast somewhere?

Last edited:
The audio webcast is available on Tesla's website / About Tesla / Investors / Events & Presentations. (Requires registering)

There are a few interesting info bits in addition to what is highlighted in the link above. I've just listened Elon Musk's part, it is worthwhile listening to for anyone interested in Tesla's future.

I was told a long time ago by a Tesla rep that the sport version wouldn't be available on launch. This was a year ago though so I'm hoping things have changed. Maybe with the delay in production they've figured out how to do it.

More great news from Tesla Motors.

*The Model X dev costs will be lower than the Model S.
* MODEL S Sport!!!!
* No delays with the Model S.
* Plans to market the Model S and ramp up production if needed.

Tesla Motors is moving further along than the industry thought it would.