Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's response to me leaking info about the P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He apologised. People apologise when they think they did something wrong.

Um, clearly you're not married ;)

Um, clearly your comment in this context reveals how you treat your spouse and reflects on the state of your marriage, not mine ;)

Sorka's comment was obviously a joke, as evidenced by the winking smiley face. It also did not portray you in a bad light, even in a joking manner. The "butt" of the joke was all married people. Since Sorka has posted about his wife on more than one occasion, he was actually poking fun at himself too.

Your response, on the other hand, Auzie, was, in my opinion, mean-spirited. You brought Sorka's relationship with his wife and his marriage into what had been intended as a good-natured joke in a nasty way. Adding the smiley face doesn't make it OK, again, in my opinion. It's one thing to make a joke that takes a funny, harmless crack at all married couples, and another thing entirely to actually make a negative comment, even if the intent was humor, about one particular member's marriage.

As for white hat efforts on reporting actual security exploits to Tesla, including one pretty nasty remote exploit (resulting in a firmware update that could be called "wk057" on Hank's site I suppose)

Wow.. here I am finally with some free time to catch up on the 27 pages of this thread since I last looked at it weeks ago, and bam -- I see my name invoked. Quite a surprise! Anyway, wk -- which firmware are you referencing? I'd happy to give it your name (if not already named).

• Helpful
Reactions: Snerruc
Someone with a new P90D just showed their battery sticker and it's now the same battery as an X, I believe this is new. Also unknown if the 90D are also getting this battery. Last pic from a refreshed 90D a month ago is model 1056776 - E , the new pic is 1071941 - C

1056776-00-E is 90kWh package without Ludicrous and 1071941-00-C is 90kWh with Ludicrous.

Looks to be some changes to battery and other HW from 11 april. Do not use on cars produced before 11 april.

older Model s with 90 have battery 1071394-00-A for Ludicrous and 1063792-00-A without Ludicrous.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    66.4 KB · Views: 167
So a regular 90D should have 1056776 which is battery version 2.0, were the batteries before April version 1.5?

I have one of the first 90D's delivered last September 15th. My part number is also 1063792-00-A. I have never seen a non P or X with a different number or letter designator. 1056776-XX-X must be something else like the newer "refreshed" 90 pack. Here's the info from Teslarati.

Last edited:
2.0 batteries was released at the time the 90 pack was released and is interchangeable with the earlier 1.5 packs from when dual motor was released. 2.0 and 1.5 batteries can not be used on the older cars that use 1.0 batteries before dual motor.
I've been lead to believe a P85+ will eventually be able to upgrade to a larger battery pack - i gather from what you're saying that this is wrong? How do we differentiate 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 batteries - do you have a list?

I've been lead to believe a P85+ will eventually be able to upgrade to a larger battery pack - i gather from what you're saying that this is wrong? How do we differentiate 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 batteries - do you have a list?

Elon explicitly said that older cars could upgrade, so I expect it will happen. There will be money to be made and so I don't know why they wouldn't do it. It may well mean that it would be a slightly different pack than the one being used for new production.

Elon explicitly said that older cars could upgrade, so I expect it will happen. There will be money to be made and so I don't know why they wouldn't do it. It may well mean that it would be a slightly different pack than the one being used for new production.
zombie thread - but a question that dovetails, a full year later - the non-Ludacris 100D in production now, & tinker'ers revelations that the (discontinued) 60kWh is a 62, the 75 is only a 72 etc - has there been a revelation to how much smaller the 100D is, then an actual 100kWh pack?