Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's response to me leaking info about the P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More the reason why 100 is a great buy

Would've loved to get the 100D, but didn't want to give up the free unlimited supercharging. (These will be used as fleet vehicles)

btw, I took delivery of an X90D on Tuesday,

The battery seems to be a new one. Was hoping that it was a 100kWh pack limited to 90kWh, but I assume I'd hear something about that if it was

90kWh, 400VDC
Part No: 1088790-00-A
S/N: T17C0******

Tesla is currently making two module types, the modules for the 75/90 packs and the 100 pack modules. I expect the 75 will go to an 85 and the 90 will be dropped sometime this year as they standardize on the larger capacity module used in the 100 pack.

After that the next battery upgrade will probably be when they switch to GF produced 2170s for the X and S, but that will probably be a year or more. I think Elon has said that the S and X will continue to use 18650s for the foreseeable future as all GF production is going to go into Model 3 and stationary systems production until supply exceeds demand. When the GF is at peak production cells for the S and X will likely be a tiny percentage of their overall production.