Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s Sci-Fi Cybertruck to Make Debut Tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla will unveil tonight a Blade Runner-styled entrant into the electric pickup marketplace. Chief Executive Elon Musk has said the “Cybertruck” looks like an “armored personnel carrier from the future.”

The vague descriptions of the vehicle by Musk have always hinted of a wild, science-fiction-inspired, futuristic styling. It will interesting to see how far Tesla will be willing to push the Cybertruck styling outside that of the best selling pickups in the U.S.

“I think it’s the coolest car I’ve ever seen, to be frank,” Musk has said of the truck. “Not everyone may share that opinion, but worse-case scenario, we build a normal looking truck.”

The reveal is scheduled for 11 p.m. ET at the Tesla Design Center in Los Angeles.

Musk has said the company aims to build “something more functional than a [Ford] F-150, but a better sports car than a basic [Porsche] 911.”

Musk has also said the truck would start at “less than $50,000” and a high-end version of the truck could get 400 to 500 miles of range.

Tesla is expected to stream the event on its website and YouTube channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's now December 30, 2019, over a month since the reveal and this picture of the mysterious Cyber Truck doesn't even look anywhere near what the Cyber Truck really looks like. Someone did a poor Photoshop job just to throw everyone off. It had everyone on edge trying to figure out what was Elon trying tell us. But after the reveal, it was an emotional trauma of "IT'S UGLY!! I HATE IT!! WHERE IS THE REAL CYBER TRUCK??"

Now that the dust has settled, it has grown on me and I realized now that the future that we kept seeing in Hollywood futuristic movies is finally here. I told all of my friends of my desire to buy one when it comes out and a lot of them are telling me that this is not a REAL MAN'S TRUCK. I told them, "The real man is dying and it's time for the new man to take on a bold new world with a BOLD NEW TRUCK!!.

I just found out on Christmas that I'm going to be a grandpa come July. I'm definitely going to make sure that my grandchild knows that I'm going to be the coolest grandpa with my Cyber Truck.

Kool man!! Very Kool!!!!