Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas Sold in UK 2014 Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GB#2616 mine just changed to 'In Production' with an apparent delivery of January 2016! fingers crossed I get bundled up with an earlier delivery!

Interesting mate of mine GB#2345 - in production. So that makes it around 300 cars being produced more or less same time. wonder how long before we all get ours delivered.
Atleast the production is ramping up. will tilsburg be able to handle this.

In terms of my timeline:

Order confirmed on 14 June
Initial Projection was "Late October" delivery, this moved to "November" during production queue, then "September / October" during production then "Late October / November" during shipping.
Actual confirmed date is 30 October.
All in then 4.5 months from order confirmation to delivery.
They've done a big extension in Tilburg so I'm presuming the current speed is faster than mine... will be interesting how long the process takes these later deliveries (and again what it looks like in 12 months time when the run rate should theoretically be well north of 100k pa)

In terms of my timeline:

Initial Projection was "Late October" delivery, this moved to "November" during production queue, then "September / October" during production then "Late October / November" during shipping.
They've done a big extension in Tilburg so I'm presuming the current speed is faster than mine... will be interesting how long the process takes these later deliveries (and again what it looks like in 12 months time when the run rate should theoretically be well north of 100k pa)

Amanmahal,

Huh! What's your GB res number ?
Do you know when yours arrived in Tilburg?
I confirmed a few days before you, but mine arrived in tilburg last friday, and I'm told I shouldn't expect to get it until second week of November!

Are your details in the google spreadsheet? Model S Order Delivery - Google Sheets

No, the spreadsheet doesn't go beyond 2015 and my car (res. no. 2371) isn't due until Jan/Feb 2016 now.

How do you know where your car is during delivery? I've noticed some people know when their car arrives in certain ports (eg Tilburg)? I've tried asking my contacts at Tesla but they rarely respond to any queries.

Amanmahal,

Huh! What's your GB res number ?
Do you know when yours arrived in Tilburg?
I confirmed a few days before you, but mine arrived in tilburg last friday, and I'm told I shouldn't expect to get it until second week of November!

Hi gbjk - sorry man, I can't find this anywhere. Just looked in My Tesla through all my docs and the original confirmation emails and couldn't see it anywhere, just an "RN..." number. Where can I find the GB res number?

I was told at the time that it took about 10 days to go from Tilburg to West Drayton

Hi gbjk - sorry man, I can't find this anywhere. Just looked in My Tesla through all my docs and the original confirmation emails and couldn't see it anywhere, just an "RN..." number. Where can I find the GB res number?

I was told at the time that it took about 10 days to go from Tilburg to West Drayton

It's at the bottom of the page where you can sign up for the 4 year servicing plan. There's a big red button saying "service sign up" that appears only while you have a car being built - once the car arrives it goes away (and I guess it also goes away after you sign up for the 4 year servicing plan!).

It's at the bottom of the page where you can sign up for the 4 year servicing plan. There's a big red button saying "service sign up" that appears only while you have a car being built - once the car arrives it goes away (and I guess it also goes away after you sign up for the 4 year servicing plan!).

Ah, that would explain it - I don't have the servicing option any more I'm afraid so looks like I can't give you the res number then.

No, the spreadsheet doesn't go beyond 2015 and my car (res. no. 2371) isn't due until Jan/Feb 2016 now.

How do you know where your car is during delivery? I've noticed some people know when their car arrives in certain ports (eg Tilburg)? I've tried asking my contacts at Tesla but they rarely respond to any queries.
They get more responsive the closer to delivery you get.
Presumably they're overwhelmed, and prioritise visibility on vehicles about to be delivered.
That's not a bad compromise to make, if the assumption they're overwhelmed is true.
At 1k cars per month sold, I bet a lot of people are playing the "are we there yet" tune.

Interesting mate of mine GB#2345 - in production. So that makes it around 300 cars being produced more or less same time. wonder how long before we all get ours delivered.
Atleast the production is ramping up. will tilsburg be able to handle this.

Cars aren't built in strict order - they're batched up into groups based on spec, colour, options, parts availability etc.

And the dashboard status is not especially accurate - it is rumoured to be updated semi-manually.

There's no way that 300 UK cars are in production all at once.

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of my timeline:

That's very fast indeed. I confirmed 28 May and am not getting my car until 5 November.

Though it's possible that reconfiguring as a P90DL slowed mine down a bit.