Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's vs Jeda Wireless charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reviews I read here on TMC found all the wireless chargers to be about the same speed, meaning like all wireless chargers not exactly fast. I have the Tesla charger and it is well made, fits perfectly, works well. I like it. The Taptes is the best price but the compartment doesn't open fully because the upper edge is not tapered? The Jeda has some issue/problem I don't recall and since it was close in price to the Tesla I never really considered it. My impression from the discussions here was that the Tesla wireless was best with the Nomad next, but you know, that's just my impression. The Tesla does not come with USB splitters. I got those from Taptes.

I haven't tried the Jeda or Tesla ones. But I did purchase a gen 2 version of the Taptes. It also allows horizontal charging (which is a must have for me). I don't find it finicky at all. I have a Samsung s9+ in a case and it charges perfectly in either of the sides and in horizontal mode.

Didn't mean to insult the Teptes, I have heard very good things about it, and the price is right. I read precisely 2 people mention the alignment issue so that may not be an actual thing, or any more so than other chargers. The thing about the Taptes that bothered me was the not fully opening issue. In truth probably not much of a problem since you don't often need to fully open the upper compartment.

Jeda doesn't effectively charge my Pixel 3. I have a 1 hour commute and often after phone in the charger the entire time, it shows net drain instead of charge. Jeda ghosted me instead of offering assistance or standing behind their product.
Strange, it's able to keep up with my PIxel 3 XL (though it is connected to the car through a power bank). A couple days ago I thought it had failed as my phone was no logner charging, but the cables had just worked loose from the connectors on the back.

Strange, it's able to keep up with my PIxel 3 XL (though it is connected to the car through a power bank). A couple days ago I thought it had failed as my phone was no logner charging, but the cables had just worked loose from the connectors on the back.
So, you've got Jeda powered by a battery bank pack, and the car constantly charging that pack via USB-A port in the Tesla center console?

So, you've got Jeda powered by a battery bank pack, and the car constantly charging that pack via USB-A port in the Tesla center console?
I have both the Jeda Hub and the Qi charger, so in my case I am using the USB-C connector to feed the power bank. You have to be sure to get a bank that supports pass-through charging; some cheaper power banks will not provide power while they are being powered externally. Other than having to reconnect the cables once so far it's worked like a charm.

If I did not have the Hub, then yes, I'd be using one of the USB-A connections directly to charge the battery bank.

sorry if I missed it, but... are there any "half" wireless chargers? i.e. wireless only on one side, regular embedded wired charging on the other?

I have an Echo Auto getting uUSB on one side and it works well being there...
in case anyone is interested...
rather than trying to find a wireless charging pad that easily allows one side to be wired, I just picked up a single wireless charging pad, the kind shaped like a smartphone, for $10 on ebay, and put it on top of the OEM M3 charging deck. It seems to work fine and didn't require me to change out the entire platform. Its all rubberized so it inhibits sliding around.

Last edited: