Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After speaking to Jason and (sp?) Janet, I did receive the 2020 MY mats to hold me over. They’re decent, so no huge complaints given that we don’t yet have any snow in Utah. But looking forward to the 2021 ones for better fit, as well as my trunk..
It seems like @tshields is trying their best, but they’re pretty overwhelmed; both due to supply chain as well as from their own doing. Hopefully lots of lessons learned for them, as telling us “ships in one week” again and again isn’t a great way to manage expectations. But do feel confident that they’ll come through in the end, eventually…..

They have not responded to my last inquiry about status. The last time they communicated was to tell me that they would be shipping in two weeks and I would receive a tracking number but that was the first week of November. Clear communications would probably have served them and their customers better. Some of us purchased the mats at the lower price based on them being pre-orders and we did expect a long wait but it has been months. An email blast explaining that the product was held up due to logistic issues with an anticipated delivery that could potentially be delayed up to two months and that management was seeking alternate avenues to improved shipping times, or would provide an older set of mats to tide customers over until the new mats were delivered, would have probably minimized the angst. Not everyone would have taken them up on the old mats because it just means more stuff to get rid off later.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jebinc and rjpjnk
Got an e-mail from Jason today. Basically, he told me that they're having "supply chain disruptions" and that it would be another 1-3 weeks. I was part of the "Wave 2" pre-order, I placed my order back in May.

- Ordered May 2, 2021 for "Wave 2" that was promised for "AUGUST SHIP".
- Saw on the forums that a few mats were shipping. Asked for status update through PM's on July 31. Was told only "Wave 1" was shipping and "Wave 2" pre-orders were not complete.
- Asked for update on August 23. Was told the mats were still in production and would be arriving shortly.
- Asked for a status update on October 9 through PM's. Was told their mats just passed customs and should be shipping within a week or so.
- Asked for another update through the Tesla Shield Update thread #10 on November 12. Received an e-mail from Jason that he had to "reinstate" my order on October 5, and therefore my order looked like it was placed in OCTOBER. Promised my mats would ship the following Monday (11/20) and would send me a under-seat storage as a gift for my troubles.
- Received under-seat storage but no mats. Asked for a status update on November 29 on my mats that were supposed to ship on 11/20. Received an e-mail today 12/1 that they were having "supply chain disruptions".

I gave Jason and Tesla Shields the benefit of the doubt and had been disappointed time and time again. I kept holding out hope that since I had already waited this long, the mats should hopefully be not much longer. I think I have been more than patient, however, I feel Jason just tells you what you want to hear to buy more time. I gave up and asked Jason for a refund. If I don't see a refund within a week, I'll just dispute the charges.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Meanwhile I have been trying to cancel my order and have still gotten zero response from them. I already ordered mats elsewhere because winter is looming and I‘m not willing to wait to any longer. I’m losing my patience and understanding very quickly at this point.

• Informative
Meanwhile I have been trying to cancel my order and have still gotten zero response from them. I already ordered mats elsewhere because winter is looming and I‘m not willing to wait to any longer. I’m losing my patience and understanding very quickly at this point.

I filed a report with the FTC. I suggest others in a similar situation do the same. This isn't so much about me (others have waited much longer to no avail), but the countless others that have been having trouble with this company.

Enough is enough.

Note: I did include all pertinent discussions/threads from this forum as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-103351~2.png
    Screenshot_20211202-103351~2.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I finally received a response and it was a cut and paste of an email which was sent out around Thanksgiving to other customers. No tracking number provided and that email was so vague, that I'm still unsure if I will see my mats this year. I do regret buying from TeslaShields and could have bought a similar or better set of mats over Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If I don't see a tracking number within a week, I will initiate a refund. I believe that I have been fairly patient but their customer communications needs a lot of help and if it is true that they hired someone to assist with responding to emails, they hired the wrong person.

• Informative
I finally received a response and it was a cut and paste of an email which was sent out around Thanksgiving to other customers. No tracking number provided and that email was so vague, that I'm still unsure if I will see my mats this year. I do regret buying from TeslaShields and could have bought a similar or better set of mats over Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If I don't see a tracking number within a week, I will initiate a refund. I believe that I have been fairly patient but their customer communications needs a lot of help and if it is true that they hired someone to assist with responding to emails, they hired the wrong person.
Couldn’t agree more about being patient. Just terrible communication. On the same boat as regretting buying from them as I could have gotten one of these cyber Monday deals.

The Teslashields website now says "NEW UPDATE: 11/18/2021 Tesla Model Y 2021 Revised seat mount floor mats and 2021 Model 3 floor mats are on back order until December due to supply chain complications." This does not bode well for those still waiting from orders months ago. Jason said there was " Booty Ashore" and mats would be shipping in 10 days in the October 13 email. On October 26 he said they would be shipping out the mats in the next two weeks. On November 11 he emailed that most of those who are still waiting will get shipped in the next two to four weeks. Take this information as you will in waiting for your order, planning on ordering etc.

Also, Jason says he has been banned from posting on this forum. That is why we have not heard from him lately.

• Funny
Reactions: rjpjnk and jebinc
The Teslashields website now says "NEW UPDATE: 11/18/2021 Tesla Model Y 2021 Revised seat mount floor mats and 2021 Model 3 floor mats are on back order until December due to supply chain complications." This does not bode well for those still waiting from orders months ago. Jason said there was " Booty Ashore" and mats would be shipping in 10 days in the October 13 email. On October 26 he said they would be shipping out the mats in the next two weeks. On November 11 he emailed that most of those who are still waiting will get shipped in the next two to four weeks. Take this information as you will in waiting for your order, planning on ordering etc.

Also, Jason says he has been banned from posting on this forum. That is why we have not heard from him lately.
Wow. Thanks for the update. Did he say why he was banned from posting on the forum? Seems very odd to me.

• Funny
I went ahead and purchased mats elsewhere for Cyber Monday and I just opened a dispute with my credit card company. I’m tired of being ignored.
We haven’t been ignoring you. We have been seeing responses but we haven’t been able to reply or use this site due to our ban. Please let me know your order number and will get you situated ASAP.

Reactions: Spookynick
Hey guys,

I just got this information from our shipping partners and will be sharing this on our email update later tonight/tomorrow. Please note that it starts with 2 because we already got our first inventory drop on the fifth of novmember which is why I said that customers were going to recieve their mats much sooner. This inventory drop ended up being incomplete and now the rest of our inventory will be coming in based on the schedule before.

2. 12ctns to TN37914
Under booking truck for delivery this week.

Container: WHLU5433175
Carrier: WAN HAI LINES (USA) LTD.

--------------------------
3.20ctns to UT84116
Status: finish pickup from port and cotainer now is under devanning, delivery will be arranged once finish devanning

Container: KKFU9165611
Carrier: ONE
-------------------------

4. 20ctns to TN37914
ETD 10/27ETA 12/5
Container: TGBU7273342
Carrier: EMC

5.93ctns to UT84116
ETD 11/23
ETA 12/9
Container:CULU6005156
Carrier:中联航运有限公司

6.94ctns TN37914 --
ETD 11/24
ETA 12/24
Container:TGBU4012983
Carrier:EMC

ETA; port arrival date
port status both China and US, congestion will delay the container/vessel return back to China, sail schedule will change basing on real situation.