Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah your pictures of the mats don’t seem to look right. I order the M3 mats but still haven’t received them. I will post pics when I do but I expect them to look like this.

View attachment 753314
Good luck. I hope you get the right ones.
Yes, I wished I had gone with some of the other manufacturers I researched. I bought this based on the pre-order price, so I'm to blame for not following my initial research.

Reactions: Floydsox and jebinc
I received my mats late December for 5-seater.

Have the same issue as others have said. The fitment is not good, especially front passenger top gap (could maybe fix with Velcro) but more so the rear is pretty bad. Rear mats slide around there is that much room.

I’ve had them installed to for about a week to see if anything would change after being boxed up but it hasn’t. Sent TeslaShilds an email today to inquire about this.

I hope these are the wrong mats as the photos are completely different and fitment isn’t good.. (whole reason to get these mats)

Will update.

Attachments

• BD0797E2-D3A9-44DC-BD53-4A2E824F29BA.jpeg
    BD0797E2-D3A9-44DC-BD53-4A2E824F29BA.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 8E1575F4-4129-4767-9E08-AC1A92630C34.jpeg
    8E1575F4-4129-4767-9E08-AC1A92630C34.jpeg
    612.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 8AD4FCFB-884C-436E-9A65-196F466DB482.jpeg
    8AD4FCFB-884C-436E-9A65-196F466DB482.jpeg
    778.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 457A666A-1E07-4CCC-8892-9747B3F9170E.jpeg
    457A666A-1E07-4CCC-8892-9747B3F9170E.jpeg
    643.8 KB · Views: 89
  • F13AFD86-B294-403A-8010-D3869327FFA6.jpeg
    F13AFD86-B294-403A-8010-D3869327FFA6.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 5FDE3B6E-7F38-4FAD-B2EC-4FB012E131DF.jpeg
    5FDE3B6E-7F38-4FAD-B2EC-4FB012E131DF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • 2B18B091-78EF-4621-B523-43BE80A7DDFB.jpeg
    2B18B091-78EF-4621-B523-43BE80A7DDFB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 4B96B805-E4AE-4699-ADA3-AE440E867156.jpeg
    4B96B805-E4AE-4699-ADA3-AE440E867156.jpeg
    724.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 9E764482-0B4F-4B69-83B3-142A959E1C4B.jpeg
    9E764482-0B4F-4B69-83B3-142A959E1C4B.jpeg
    877.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Informative
Reactions: jebinc and Floydsox

Have the same issue as others have said. The fitment is not good, especially front passenger top gap (could maybe fix with Velcro) but more so the rear is pretty bad. Rear mats slide around there is that much room.

I’ve had them installed to for about a week to see if anything would change after being boxed up but it hasn’t. Sent TeslaShilds an email today to inquire about this.

I hope these are the wrong mats as the photos are completely different and fitment isn’t good.. (whole reason to get these mats)

Will update.
Looks the wrong mats like others. You’re missing the edges on the back row and your drivers shouldn’t have that cut out behind the pedals.

I already emailed them to cancel my order but get no response as usual.

I ended up buying the TAPTES from Amazon. I get them Friday. I’ll post pics

Just noticed you have model y. Then the cut out behind pedal may be correct

• Informative
Reactions: Luka816 and jebinc
Jason of Tesla Shields --

You have great products. Really solid stuff. Very happy to finally get a part of my order.

But please be honest and realistic with your promises. I'm still waiting for other multiple orders placed in June of 2021. Every other week, there's a new target that's either days, weeks or months down the road. This has been going on since last summer. If this is strictly a fulfillment issue, consider finding a new or additional company to assist with it. It's clear you are very underwater. People want your product but the orders vastly outpace the output capacity.

My armchair recommendations in this order:

1. stop taking new orders. allow interested customers to sign up for a backlog notification list
2. catch up with fulfillment. i've seen a ton of anecdotal evidence that orders are being sent out in a somewhat random order. work to ensure you are sending things out in the order in which they were received
3. figure out how to operate without needing to re-create old orders in new ways (in my account for example, there are new orders for 0.00 that are copies of my old orders. you are creating a data mess on your side and deeply confusing / frustrating your customers
4. breathe
5. allow new orders to be placed. but limit the quantity of everything based on your actual expected inventory

Cheers and looking forward to getting the rest of my mats!
This 👆🏻 100%. When speaking to Jason and Janet(?) that was my suggestion. Just be honest and don’t try to buy yourself time by kicking the can down the road. I think that may have gotten a bit better last few weeks, but continuing to taking order while still not shipping summer 2021 orders (for any reason, whether fulminate center related or cat-ate-the-homework) just isn’t OK. All of these hit the mail on the head. Nicely written!

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
The truth of the matter is that we have the inventory and we have shipped all model y floormats to customers and have plenty left over. Model 3 mats are being boxed up and sent out. I have provided further details and a timeline on our next update that we are going to send to all customers and a thread post here tomorrow.

Will update.
Sorry to see that you have bad fitment like mine. After my response to Jason, I have received no other replies. I'm stuck with mats that do not look like what was shown on the website and which do not fit well with obvious gaps. I hope you have better luck with a response or replacement with the mats you should have received. It might be good if the mods consider removing Teslashields as a vendor. Having them here makes it look like they are an approved or recommended vendor. I hate to see other owners buy these mats thinking they will work for a low price.

But you're shipping a different product than is on your web page. You're shipping a product that also doesn't fit well. Cut the crap, man.
Only less than 10 customers have complained about the fitment on the model y and we shipped over a thousand of them. 99% ot customers are very happy with their mats and actually prefer the new style. This happened much sooner than expected and threw us off guard as we didn’t have anytime to adjust our listing and ads. This will be explained in our update which is slated to be released later today.

• Informative

Will update.
I'm having the same exact issue with my floor mats as well and they look like yours. They even sent me another set but it has the same issue. At this point, I'm thinking all the mats they send out for the Model Y aren't very well fitting.

Reactions: gleearch
I will be more than happy to ship you the older version of the back seat mats I have a few with me as we speak
As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I'm ok with the rear mats. I can live with it. It's the passenger side mat that has the 2" gap at the top lip that is an issue. The driver side does not fit all that great either but I can put up with it. There are no OEM mats underneath as you had implied in your email to me.

Please check out our most recent update