Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
reminder: upload an ASN into their system

let me know if you want me to dial into tomorrow's meeting.

but jokes aside, what does any of this mean in terms of updates?? :)
Well the inventory is arriving on Thursday. We are going to be kitting on demand meaning kitting as we ship out. We expect to have everything shipped out in a week plus a couple of days.

Reactions: Brittanyp7447
Guys, I escalated my case to PayPal and Tesla Shields is demanding I pay for return shipping on the bad mats shipped for my Model Y.

What’s worse is that I am shipping from California to an address in Floria and it costs $117 for USPS and $118.95 from UPS to ship the mats using their cheapest options due to the size of the package/mats using their original box and material.

What kind of crap is that?

Going to see if I can find a way around that… but yeah… that’s like the majority of my refund and pretty crap that the consumer has to eat that, if that’s the case.

Guys, I escalated my case to PayPal and Tesla Shields is demanding I pay for return shipping on the bad mats shipped for my Model Y.

What’s worse is that I am shipping from California to an address in Floria and it costs $117 for USPS and $118.95 from UPS to ship the mats using their cheapest options due to the size of the package/mats using their original box and material.

What kind of crap is that?

Going to see if I can find a way around that… but yeah… that’s like the majority of my refund and pretty crap that the consumer has to eat that, if that’s the case.
That's awful, and unfortunately it doesn't surprise me with TeslaShields. I was extremely unimpressed with their professionalism and honesty. And now it seems even when they do deliver their products, they don't stand behind them.

Reactions: gleearch and jebinc
Yea anyone know why?
Copied from an email they sent today. I really hope the word "misinformation" goes away sometime soon...

"P.S Some of you might be wondering why we are “banned” from Tesla Motors Club Forum. Rest assured, this is only temporary and we will be back on Feb 7th at 12pm. If you are wondering why we were banned its because we were defending ourselves from trolls online that were never customers of ours trying to spread misinformation. Unfortunately for us, the mods deemed it as too defensive and has temporarily banned us."

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Copied from an email they sent today. I really hope the word "misinformation" goes away sometime soon...

"P.S Some of you might be wondering why we are “banned” from Tesla Motors Club Forum. Rest assured, this is only temporary and we will be back on Feb 7th at 12pm. If you are wondering why we were banned its because we were defending ourselves from trolls online that were never customers of ours trying to spread misinformation. Unfortunately for us, the mods deemed it as too defensive and has temporarily banned us."

Right out of the gate, I want to say I have not purchased anything from Tesla Shields, so take this as you will.

But man, I'm actually kind of glad that they're banned/temp banned. The amount of drama from a vendor is a bit insane.

When I was researching what floor mats I was going to go with, and after deciding to skip WeatherTech this time around, they were one of the first to pop up on Google. They looked good, and I was thinking about buying, until I caught wind of these TMC threads. Boy, am I glad I saw that though. I definitely don't want to deal with a company that acts like that.

These threads did point me towards the ones I eventually went with though (Tuxmats), so definitely thanks for that!

I’m all for supporting small businesses, but the reality is a lot of these accessories, regardless of the brand or vendor, are the exact same products from the same factories.

In the case of these floor mats, the Basenor ones on Amazon are the identical product, in stock and easy to return if needed.

• Informative
This isn’t surprising. What TShields did was presell their mats to help pay for the manufacturing so they had to outlay as little cash as possible and outsourced the rest of the operation to a 3PL. In a normal pre-covid world with short lead times this isn’t a problem and you can make money without ever touching the product yourself and using as little of your own capital as possible. But when factories are behind, shipping is delayed and going up in cost, and everything in the logistics industry is upside down, it’s a ticking time bomb.

Cross-posting from Update #17 for reach…

After almost 6 months, I finally received the last items in my order of all around mats (front, second, third, frunk and trunk) for my MYLR. As for the mats themselves, they fit well and I’m happy with the product.

Is it better or worse than others like Tasmanian, WeatherTech or 3Dmaxpider? I can’t say, as I haven’t tried those.

As for TeslaShields, I’ll never do business with this company again. I understand that there are supply chain issues at play, that the proprietor is new to this, that they made mistakes with fulfillment etc. etc. But these aren’t mine/our problems.

I’ve had some good conversations with Jason, where he did seem eager to make things right (e.g., providing temporary first/second row mats free of charge back in Dec). So it’s not all deception/smoke and mirrors… BUT, regardless whether it was naive optimism on deliveries or intentionally selling pre-orders on the float to fund manufacturing (for clarity, I’m not saying this is the case, I simply don’t know), the trust in Tesla Shields is gone. It was a nice experiment and good riddance to Jason and co., but won’t make this mistake again.

• Informative
Cross-posting from Update #17 for reach…

After almost 6 months, I finally received the last items in my order of all around mats (front, second, third, frunk and trunk) for my MYLR. As for the mats themselves, they fit well and I’m happy with the product.

Is it better or worse than others like Tasmanian, WeatherTech or 3Dmaxpider? I can’t say, as I haven’t tried those.

As for TeslaShields, I’ll never do business with this company again. I understand that there are supply chain issues at play, that the proprietor is new to this, that they made mistakes with fulfillment etc. etc. But these aren’t mine/our problems.

I’ve had some good conversations with Jason, where he did seem eager to make things right (e.g., providing temporary first/second row mats free of charge back in Dec). So it’s not all deception/smoke and mirrors… BUT, regardless whether it was naive optimism on deliveries or intentionally selling pre-orders on the float to fund manufacturing (for clarity, I’m not saying this is the case, I simply don’t know), the trust in Tesla Shields is gone. It was a nice experiment and good riddance to Jason and co., but won’t make this mistake again.

How many pieces did your front/trunk mats arrive in? I got 3 out of the 6 advertised on their website. No undercarriage for the trunk and the 3rd row trunk came in one piece instead of two.

It's ridiculous I waited 9 months (yes, 9 long freakin months) just for these mats to come in. What's the point of the 3rd row mat being 1 piece if the seats fold up/down individually? Why do these mats not stick to the seat? I reached out multiple times to Tesla Shields. They asked what was wrong with them, and that I should CUT THEM IN HALF to resolve this.

I'd be surprised if you received this and are happy with it. I definitely am not.

How many pieces did your front/trunk mats arrive in? I got 3 out of the 6 advertised on their website. No undercarriage for the trunk and the 3rd row trunk came in one piece instead of two.

It's ridiculous I waited 9 months (yes, 9 long freakin months) just for these mats to come in. What's the point of the 3rd row mat being 1 piece if the seats fold up/down individually? Why do these mats not stick to the seat? I reached out multiple times to Tesla Shields. They asked what was wrong with them, and that I should CUT THEM IN HALF to resolve this.

I'd be surprised if you received this and are happy with it. I definitely am not.
Well, I suppose one “benefit” of taking forever to ship is that customers may forget what they’re supposed to have received. You are correct. I only received three pieces (no bottom trunk piece). The 7 seater back piece was also a single piece as you stated. It worked fine with seats folded down, but again you are correct (I just hadn’t tried it yet) that with one seat folded down this just doesn’t work (understand their argument about only supposed to use when folded down, but what are you supposed to do with the mat when you have seats up??). So, I will stand with you and retract what I said about being completely satisfied.

I hope this helps others avoid Tesla Shields.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose one “benefit” of taking forever to ship is that customers may forget what they’re supposed to have received. You are correct. I only received three pieces (no bottom trunk piece). The 7 seater back piece was also a single piece as you stated. It worked fine with seats folded down, but again you are correct (I just hadn’t tried it yet) that with one seat folded down this just doesn’t work (understand their argument about only supposed to use when folded down, but what are you supposed to do with the mat when you have seats up??). So, I will stand with you and retract what I said about being completely satisfied.

Sorry you feel that way about our company. Our website does state "back ordered" when we do not have a product in stock and sometimes we have offered discounts and gift cards to our customers that had to wait a long time due to the supply chain issues we were having. Our mats are not the flimsy rubber mats but made of the same 3d material as our floor mats. The back piece mat you are referring to, does not work when the one seat is folded down. We purposely designed our mats this way to give full coverage to the back of the car. No liquids or mud will seep between the seats. Our mat have coverage all the way to the back of the front seats. When both of the seats or one seat is up, you can fold the mat and keep it in the trunk/frunk of the car.
As for the sub trunk, our shipment was tampered with and those mats are missing. We had to order new sub trunk mats and will be sending those mats by air to our fulfillment center (not by sea). Once the mats arrive they will be sent automatically to each customer. Anyone that places an order with any of our products that are currently in stock should receive them within a few days.

I bought the trunk and frunk mats for our 7 seater as well and they fit like trash. I do not understand the idea of you cant use the mat when 3rd row are in used. I will post the review on Facebook groups to helps others avoid this company.