Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor TeslaSpy.com - Know your tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the car & the app set to display the temp in F deg. but the dashboard shows the inside & outside temp in C deg. can this be changed?

You can set temperature units to F in the settings (see attached), but next week teslaspy will take the car's unit by default. thanks!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 105
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 87
after using tesla spy for a day and using teslafi for about an year this is what I miss:

1. on the dashboard - there number of drives, total driving time and distance for the day but no energy used
2. I want to have cost of energy per drive, day, trip month and year - I love to keep track on it. Also teslafi has nice calculation which tells you how much you spend on charging /at home in my case/ and how much you saved using destination chargers or superchargers.now it tells the cost of charging session if the charging location is tagged with energy cost / the format is x.xxx which should be $x.xx - only 2 digits after decimal/

Another thing that grabs my attention is the estimated range - it is over 60 miles less than rated range which I have no idea how was calculated but it sounds strange

Other than that /I understand that it is new platform and still developing/ I like it very much. If things noted can be implemented I will subscribe for sure

after using tesla spy for a day and using teslafi for about an year this is what I miss:

1. on the dashboard - there number of drives, total driving time and distance for the day but no energy used
2. I want to have cost of energy per drive, day, trip month and year - I love to keep track on it. Also teslafi has nice calculation which tells you how much you spend on charging /at home in my case/ and how much you saved using destination chargers or superchargers.now it tells the cost of charging session if the charging location is tagged with energy cost / the format is x.xxx which should be $x.xx - only 2 digits after decimal/

Another thing that grabs my attention is the estimated range - it is over 60 miles less than rated range which I have no idea how was calculated but it sounds strange

Other than that /I understand that it is new platform and still developing/ I like it very much. If things noted can be implemented I will subscribe for sure

Let me a few days to implement and review some things. I want to add the cost info per drive, and also the comparison from a combustion car (the user will choose the price per mile and the price of the fuel). Also the drives and charges summary pages will be improved with cost/savings info

Reactions: Acho
Hi
I have just subscribed and requested a token from Tesla.com. The web app is working but keeps saying "TeslaSpy is not collecting data from your Tesla". I go into settings and change the Fetch Data from Tesla setting to on - but after short time it seems to disable this setting and starts reporting the "TeslaSpy is not collecting data from your Tesla" message. How do I make the Fetch Data from Tesla setting stay on?
Thanks

Hi
I have just subscribed and requested a token from Tesla.com. The web app is working but keeps saying "TeslaSpy is not collecting data from your Tesla". I go into settings and change the Fetch Data from Tesla setting to on - but after short time it seems to disable this setting and starts reporting the "TeslaSpy is not collecting data from your Tesla" message. How do I make the Fetch Data from Tesla setting stay on?
Thanks

Hi Jonathanc, please could you send me by private message or mail to [email protected] your teslaspy user?

thanks

Looks great. There are a few similar services out there. I personally use TeslaFi for a while now. Yours look great. You did a great job on the visuals and UI. I think that is important. It's easy to collect data, it's an art to present it in a meaningful way.

I started with Visible Tesla, a program that captures all data on your own computer. It worked OK but then a new version could not read my old data and I 'lost' almost a full year of data. I then switched to TeslaFi. I have 2 years worth of data from my car logged with it. I do not want to lose this again so I'm staying with it for now. I asked then author back then if all the data would be available for download ans he said yes.
Can I download all my collected data from TeslaSpy at any time?

Looks great. There are a few similar services out there. I personally use TeslaFi for a while now. Yours look great. You did a great job on the visuals and UI. I think that is important. It's easy to collect data, it's an art to present it in a meaningful way.

I started with Visible Tesla, a program that captures all data on your own computer. It worked OK but then a new version could not read my old data and I 'lost' almost a full year of data. I then switched to TeslaFi. I have 2 years worth of data from my car logged with it. I do not want to lose this again so I'm staying with it for now. I asked then author back then if all the data would be available for download ans he said yes.
Can I download all my collected data from TeslaSpy at any time?

Yes! Right now you can export your raw data in the metrics section. You can export to excel, csv or pdf. But I'll add an option in the settings to download all your data into a compressed file, with only one click, ready to import to another service. Also there will be an option to delete all your data from teslaspy. I'll post here when available.

Reactions: bedoig and David99
In poor cellular signal areas, TeslaFi manages to report the correct mileage battery usage for a drive, even if it wasn't able to track throughout the entire drive. TeslaSpy, however, seems to only report the miles that it had cell signal for. This is the biggest issue I'm having with TeslaSpy at the moment. If I lived in a city with good cell coverage it wouldn't be much of an issue, but I don't.