Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor TeslaSpy.com - Know your tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that teslaspy reports higher consumption for the trip than the car itself, by a lot

View attachment 297766 View attachment 297767

And reports that estimated miles are way lower than rated. At 80% charge on my S85 it reports about 80 miles less

consumption is calculated indirectly, as the api doesn't give this information. TeslaSpy will estimate the initial kWh that remains in your battery for a drive, taking as a reference the max estimated range with the battery at his max level. It will help if teslaspy has data for a charge at 100%, I don't know if you ever charged at 100% using teslaspy? For my car usually there's no a difference bigger than 3-5%.

But after reading your comment, I've just implemented a way the user can report a real consumption for a drive, this way TeslaSpy will be able to learn to adjust the estimated consumption to the real one. This feature will be also implemented into the app (iOS and Android) as soon as I can. See attached

Attachments

• report consumption.png
    report consumption.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 94
Hi Jordi,

Congrats on the launch of your site.

I'm currently on my trial period and is trying to compare it to one of your competitors which I'm using at the moment. And I must say, you have done a beautiful job with presenting the data so far, very impressive!

I do get the feeling that there still is a few bugs here and there, and you are continuously are adding features going along. Which is great, I love evolving products, which was one of the features that drew me to Tesla in the first place.
Do you have any plans to add report bug or request feature function to the site, or is it fine with you that we just add all these things in this thread?

Reactions: David99
Hi Jordi,

Congrats on the launch of your site.

I'm currently on my trial period and is trying to compare it to one of your competitors which I'm using at the moment. And I must say, you have done a beautiful job with presenting the data so far, very impressive!

I do get the feeling that there still is a few bugs here and there, and you are continuously are adding features going along. Which is great, I love evolving products, which was one of the features that drew me to Tesla in the first place.
Do you have any plans to add report bug or request feature function to the site, or is it fine with you that we just add all these things in this thread?

Thanks for your comments. I have a lot of new features in mind, that will be released as soon as I can. Also there are some things that thanks to the your comments are fixed, added or improved. Maybe a site like helprace.com can be useful to "order" this features/bug fixes requests, I'll post here when I choose a platform to try

Reactions: Veritas1980
To facilitate that users can enter the real consumption for a drive, now there's an option to reply the email with the consumption. TeslaSpy automatically will process this e-mail, and will setup the real consumption for this drive. This way TeslaSpy will learn how to adjust the estimated consumption to the real one

Simply reply to the email and enter the consumption (only the number), ex. 245.67.

Attachments

• consumption-mail.jpg
    consumption-mail.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 87
Do you have anything planned about costs of charging?

There is a lot of info regarding energy usage and time and so on, but I would love to have a little more data on my costs. I pay a certain amount at home, another at work, free at superchargers and so on. So I'm currently using logging for giving me an idea to the electricity cost of running the car.

Also specific metrics for supercharging is missing a bit. It would be great to have data on how much I have charged (both kW and number of charges), compare rate of charging and things like that.

Do you have anything planned about costs of charging?

There is a lot of info regarding energy usage and time and so on, but I would love to have a little more data on my costs. I pay a certain amount at home, another at work, free at superchargers and so on. So I'm currently using logging for giving me an idea to the electricity cost of running the car.

Also specific metrics for supercharging is missing a bit. It would be great to have data on how much I have charged (both kW and number of charges), compare rate of charging and things like that.

Hi Veritas1980, you can add the cost of energy for every location. Then this cost will be applied to all charges for this location. To setup a cost, click on "Tag address", an enter a name and cost (see attached)

Attachments

• tag.png
    tag.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 79
Hi Veritas1980, you can add the cost of energy for every location. Then this cost will be applied to all charges for this location. To setup a cost, click on "Tag address", an enter a name and cost (see attached)
Yes, that I have found out, but I'm thinking if you are going to add something to the charging summary page with monthly cost and so on. Right now it is only used for calculating cost for each drive?

So the summary page only tells me how much kWh I have used and time spend charging, but nothing about cost.

Reactions: Acho
Yes, that I have found out, but I'm thinking if you are going to add something to the charging summary page with monthly cost and so on. Right now it is only used for calculating cost for each drive?

So the summary page only tells me how much kWh I have used and time spend charging, but nothing about cost.

I've added to the summary page information about charges cost: daily, monthly (total & average), per weekday (total & average).

Something strange happened today. In the middle of the drive, in stop and go traffic got notification from the app that car went to sleep. Checked the app and the state of the car was sleeping. All of that about 15 minutes in the drive and about 15 more left to destination

For the 0-60 timer, I'd really like to see an option to auto-start the timer when the system detects the speed is > 0. I wrote an iPhone app to do that and it was able to come up with fairly accurate 0-60 times. This allows a run to be timed from a stop light, which now is nearly impossible when you have to wait for the 10 second count down.

I'd also like to see an option to delete runs that are listed, I have a bunch from just playing around with the button trying to figure out exactly how it works.

Something strange happened today. In the middle of the drive, in stop and go traffic got notification from the app that car went to sleep. Checked the app and the state of the car was sleeping. All of that about 15 minutes in the drive and about 15 more left to destination

Thanks for the info. Fixed a bug that in some circumstances TeslaSpy ends a drive and send an erroneous message if there's a bad response from the api

My car's sleep pattern looks a bit strange. I set all the sleep options to sleep tight. Is it accurate? I have an underground garage where the car has a flaky connection, could that cause this?

View attachment 298242

the car status it's retrieved directly from the api, so it's accurate. The "put to sleep" means that TeslaSpy it's only checking if the car is online/asleep (this not wake up your car in the case that is asleep). If your car is not sleeping in 15 minutes, it will check again some time to see if the car is online for a current drive or charge.

My car for example is always asleep (see attached) when it's not driving nor charging, with some individual "online" that may be related to tesla checking something? I've seen that before a software update the car has a strange sleep pattern, but it's more random than yours.

Usually when the car is not sleeping could be related to that user is using at the same time another app that is keeping the car always online, or that the "sleep mode" in other app are not sync (of course) with TeslaSpy and the car can't sleep. In the graph your car is "asleep" two times, so I suppose that your car has disabled "always connected"?

I'll add to the graph the "offline" status as soon as possible

Attachments

• sleep analyzer.png
    sleep analyzer.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 70
For the 0-60 timer, I'd really like to see an option to auto-start the timer when the system detects the speed is > 0. I wrote an iPhone app to do that and it was able to come up with fairly accurate 0-60 times. This allows a run to be timed from a stop light, which now is nearly impossible when you have to wait for the 10 second count down.

I'd also like to see an option to delete runs that are listed, I have a bunch from just playing around with the button trying to figure out exactly how it works.

Hi, the countdown it's only "to add emotion", and to give time to the server so it can establish a connection with the api (usually the response takes 1-3 seconds, but sometimes more time is needed). When the countdown is finished, you can start when you want the run, and teslaspy will init the timer when the speed is greater than 0. It can be confusing, I will add an explanation and the option to delete runs

thanks!

so I suppose that your car has disabled "always connected"?

I'll add to the graph the "offline" status as soon as possible

My car is set to power saving, but always online.
I know very well if apps or servers are polling it or not, I used to have another membership that I cancelled, the car would always respond quickly when I entered it. Once I cancelled that service, the screens would use a long time to boot up. I am certain it is your service now keeping it awake, maybe your logic does not work right with 'always connected'? In my case, if I don't use 'always connected', the phone app will never respond (or a veeeery long wait (I believe Tesla then sends the car an SMS to go online))

Hi, if you have "always connected" on your car, you have to uncheck the "enhanced sleep mode" on TeslaSpy (see attached). The sleep mode it's to let the car sleep, and with the always connected enabled your car will be always online, so the sleep mode has no sense, TeslaSpy will lose data when it tries to let your car sleep. I'll add a better explanation at the settings page on TeslaSpy.

Attachments

• settings-sleep.png
    settings-sleep.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 74