Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor TeslaSpy.com - Know your tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to disable enhanced sleep mode to get my car to sleep at all, and it still doesn't sleep very often. I've disabled TeslaSpy for the past 2 days and my car is sleeping normally again.

Hi, this sounds strange. In the settings there's an option in the enhanced sleep mode to force fetch data from a period of time (in this period the car will be always online), do you have this option checked from 0 to 24? If this is the case, your car will be always online

If your car has enhanced sleep mode enabled, you'll have to see in your graphs the "put to sleep" mode, if your car is always online (and never in "put to sleep" or "asleep"), there's something wrong in the configuration to let the car sleep

On the way back from work today the drive was missing first 1/3 of the drive

Hi, if you have "enhanced sleep mode" enabled, if your car is not sleeping nor driving, TeslaSpy will "put to sleep" your car for 15 minutes to let your car sleep, and if not, will check if there's a drive or charge in course. If you begin a drive while your car is in "put to sleep" (this is, teslaspy is not polling data in order to let your car sleep), this drive will be incomplete.

There's a "mix option" between "always online" and "always try to sleep": you can setup enhanced sleep mode, and force your car to be online for a period of time (maybe your working time). This way no data will be lost for a drive in this time frame

Attachments

• sleep time frame.png
    sleep time frame.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 97
In the settings, temperature is always showing Celsius. I change it to Fahrenheit and the dashboard is reporting Fahrenheit, but the settings page always resets to Celsius.

Climate metrics are always reported in Celsius even when Fahrenheit is selected and reported on the dashboard.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to use the ending odometer reading from the previous drive as the beginning odometer reading for the current drive? I'm losing the first 1-15 minutes of each drive. This way my 5-mile morning commute would show as 5 miles instead of anywhere from 1-3 miles I'm seeing reported.

Would it be possible to use the ending odometer reading from the previous drive as the beginning odometer reading for the current drive? I'm losing the first 1-15 minutes of each drive. This way my 5-mile morning commute would show as 5 miles instead of anywhere from 1-3 miles I'm seeing reported.

maybe the best and most accurate option is to inform the user that the drive is not complete (TeslaSpy can know this, because the odometer it's not the same), and the first x minutes have been lost. I prefer not assume that all this odometer increase comes for this drive. The same for the init address for the drive, because it does not have to be true.... I'll add this info asap

View attachment 298518 View attachment 298519

I’m not sure what happened here, but I was driving while it recorded this vampire drain.

When you finish driving the vampire drain has to show the correct value. The same day vampire drain is a estimation calculated instantly "on the fly", to show temporarily to the user, and then every night there's a more precise calculation. But I'll improve this same day estimation to not show momentarily this erroneous information

Hi, if you have "always connected" on your car, you have to uncheck the "enhanced sleep mode" on TeslaSpy (see attached). The sleep mode it's to let the car sleep, and with the always connected enabled your car will be always online, so the sleep mode has no sense, TeslaSpy will lose data when it tries to let your car sleep. I'll add a better explanation at the settings page on TeslaSpy.

I think I did what you said, and this is the result:

upload_2018-5-3_22-16-26.png

To explain what my car does (or did, before I signed up with TeslaSpy), it has power save enabled, but always connected. My understanding is that it is always connected to 3G (the modem itself), but the computers will sleep if I am not polling from the app. I haven't yet checked how the car behaves with TeslaSpy, but I suspect it is being kept awake by Teslaspy polling?

I think I did what you said, and this is the result:

View attachment 298558

To explain what my car does (or did, before I signed up with TeslaSpy), it has power save enabled, but always connected. My understanding is that it is always connected to 3G (the modem itself), but the computers will sleep if I am not polling from the app. I haven't yet checked how the car behaves with TeslaSpy, but I suspect it is being kept awake by Teslaspy polling?

Hi, your car is always connected to 3G (if available), you can awake your car with the app or other service online. With "always connected", is your car's computer that will be always online, no matter if TeslaSpy or other service or app is polling or not. I see in the graph that your car is always online, and never in "put to sleep": this means that you don't have "sleep mode" enabled. If you want let your car sleep, you have to check "enhanced sleep mode" on the settings page, you'll have to see that before your car is asleep there's a "put to sleep", this is, TeslaSpy let's your car asleep. See my configuration and my car state attached. Please send me a private message with your username if you want me to enable sleep mode for you.

Attachments

• sleep analyzer.png
    sleep analyzer.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 69
  • sleep settings.png
    sleep settings.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 74
I love the UI and planning to subscribe to it after the trial period ended but I have 2 issues when using Model S with MCU2 over the past few days when using.

1. Every time I get in the car whether 'Enhanced Sleep mode' turn on or turn off. My 17 inch screen is frozen and have to reset every times (when the car parked for more than 6 hours) The problem went away after I disable the fetch data option in TeslaSpy.com. (I'm currently using teslaspy as the only 3rd Party apps, I also change my tesla account password to make sure that no other apps talk to my car.

2. The car never been in the asleep state whether 'Enhanced Sleep mode' turn on or turn off. (Attached is the screenshot when 'Enhanced Sleep mode' turn on with force fetch data disable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 8.17.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 8.17.58 PM.png
    96 KB · Views: 66
I love the UI and planning to subscribe to it after the trial period ended but I have 2 issues when using Model S with MCU2 over the past few days when using.

1. Every time I get in the car whether 'Enhanced Sleep mode' turn on or turn off. My 17 inch screen is frozen and have to reset every times (when the car parked for more than 6 hours) The problem went away after I disable the fetch data option in TeslaSpy.com. (I'm currently using teslaspy as the only 3rd Party apps, I also change my tesla account password to make sure that no other apps talk to my car.

2. The car never been in the asleep state whether 'Enhanced Sleep mode' turn on or turn off. (Attached is the screenshot when 'Enhanced Sleep mode' turn on with force fetch data disable.

Hi, the problem of the frozen screen it's strange, no other users reported similar related to teslaspy. The screen sometimes has to be reseted, but honestly I don't think that it's related to teslaspy, because teslaspy only does a call to the api of your car every minute, and it's resolved quickly, it's not a big charge of work for the cpu. It's the same api call that uses the tesla app or other services, and the car is prepared to receive and answer this kind of api calls. Please observe some days to see if it repeats.

It's not that sleep mode is turning on and off. When the state is in "put to sleep", means that TeslaSpy is not polling data from your car, to let you car sleep (it's only checking if your car is asleep or not, this command from the api doesn't wake up your car if it's asleep). You have to uncheck "always connected" option on your car if you want to use sleep mode and let your car asleep, I'm sure that now it's checked because your car is always online. If you want to leave "always connected" in your car, it's better to uncheck sleep mode on teslaspy, because your car will not sleep anyway, and teslaspy will not lose data (if you start a drive or charge while the car is in "put to sleep", this data will be lost, because teslaspy in this moment it's not polling data from your car)

On the dashboard, there is a grid of recent drives. Some of them have notes about a different route google suggested. I noticed that for me, in every case the amount of time it says I would have saved is longer than the actual drive time. Seems like there is something wrong with the calculations