Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslastics vs TeslaFi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20191012-215106_Chrome.jpg

Sleep behaviour exhausting with two loggers running, as expected.

Anyway, I was starting to get API/connection issues too, so have deleted Teslastics, changed password etc to go back to just TeslaFi. It looks fine now but having had yet another software update I might disable and re-enable mobile access, reboot, then leave the poor thing alone for a while.

Yeah, you're right. TeslaFi gives the car a 15 minute window to fall asleep. if the other service is still polling the car it won't sleep and when teslaFi checks it will find it still awake and resume polling.

I've got teslaFi and my own polling/logging running so I can synchronise leaving it alone to sleep.

geek -> There are two main parts to the api.

:1: A header/user level which doesn't contact the car(s), but does store the last summary status of each car. This is what TeslaFi queries after the 15 minute period when it's leaving the car to sleep. From this you can tell if the car last said it was asleep, without contacting the car directly

{
"count": 1,
"response": [
{
"id": 123456,
"vin": "123456abcdef",
"id_s": "123456",
"color": null,
"state": "asleep",
"tokens": [
"thisone",
"thatone"
],
"in_service": false,
"vehicle_id": 234567,
"api_version": 6,
"display_name": "Ernie",
"option_codes": "AD15,MDL3,PBSB,RENA,BT37,ID3W,RF3G,S3PB,DRLH,DV2W,W39B,APF0,COUS,BC3B,CH07,PC30,FC3P,FG31,GLFR,HL31,HM31,IL31,LTPB,MR31,FM3B,RS3H,SA3P,STCP,SC04,SU3C,T3CA,TW00,TM00,UT3P,WR00,AU3P,APH3,AF00,ZCST,MI00,CDM0",
"backseat_token": null,
"calendar_enabled": true,
"backseat_token_updated_at": null
}
]
}

• Informative
Reactions: Compuguide
Meanwhile I must confess I find the Teslafi interface so ugly I have opted for Teslastics for the time being - there may be less all-encompassing data but what there is is more usable.

I dare say I will give up that one too once the novelty wears off and the extra vampire drain gets too much..!

I also removed Teslastics as it was causing issues with running both TeslaFi and Teslastics with proper sleep of the car. I tried to tune it as much as I could so they would not interfere but it was not successful.

Car is back to sleeping normally with only TeslaFi.

I find that TeslaFi seems to do a good job at allowing the car to get its 40 winks. No concerns here that it may be adding to significant power loss.
I've just deleted teslastics too, saw the same weird sleep behaviour.

Teslastics is pretty but the layout isn't very good for browsing data. Teslafi may be ugly as sin, but it's very functional. Would be nice if they add an app at some point, to give it a nicer phone experience.

As for many above, although teslafi isn't pretty, it works well, has key functionality I can't get from the other one, and I think its layout is functionally fine except there's just too much for a mobile screen. I'm sticking with it.

I too hope they come up with an app sometime. Even if the functionality was limited to just a snapshot of the car right now - charge etc - without waking it, and the scheduling, and you had to go to the Web for the full picture, I think it would be a great addition. Plus it wouldn't really compete with Tesla's own app.

If they can't do that I would like to see a good phone screen presentation of the site at least.

Reactions: vitesse