Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read that the most recent update (2018.48.12) allows people to play the video games via an XboxOne or PS4 game controller when plugged into one or the USB drives. This sounds great to me as I have a video-game obsessed kiddo and we have multiple gaming systems at home. I MUCH prefer handing him a game controller in the backseat rather than putting him in the driver's seat to play these games while we are parked and Supercharging or waiting for someone.

Here's an article about it: Tesla rolls out classic Pole Position game for in-car touchscreen with controller support

Can someone who has tested it explain more?
Does it work on the older Teslas like mine (2016)?
Which USB port do you use or does it even matter?
Will it work with Nintendo too? (we have XboxOne but the Nintendo Switch is so portable it goes with us lots of places.)
Are certain games not available on the older cars? My 2016 MS did not get the Pole Position game (yet).

Other thoughts?

It does not work on mcu1 cars (pre Feb 2018) and only works on the front 2 USB ports.

I know a few have tried to hack the capability into an mcu1 car, but I don't know if it has worked. At present, only late Feb 2018 with the new mcu2 can use the controllers.

This isn't a hw2.5/2.0 issue, it's an mcu2/1 issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Eevee
Keep coming back to this topic, esp because these games are what keep me and the kids preoccupied when charging.. my ME build date was Oct 2018, so I'm assuming mine should be fully compatible with gaming controllers... The PS4 dualshock I have didn't seem to work, or this $10 PC controller I bought off Amazon. Any other advice or opinion?

Sorry to bring up an old thread here, but my XBONE and PS4 controllers did not work with my 2019 Tesla Model 3, 2019 HW3. Neither did an N64 USB controller. I actually ended up using a 360 controller with a wireless receiver plugged into a USB hub to make it work.

• Informative
Reactions: kjyam98
Sorry to bring up an old thread here, but my XBONE and PS4 controllers did not work with my 2019 Tesla Model 3, 2019 HW3. Neither did an N64 USB controller. I actually ended up using a 360 controller with a wireless receiver plugged into a USB hub to make it work.
What wireless receiver did you use? I just tried the official xbox 360 wireless receiver and the controller will not pair with it.