Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaTracks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @bschippers718,

I love the summary battery entries, but sometimes they say things such as below "no range used while driving 110.46 mi". Is this because of the server maintenance you mentioned was going on yesterday?

View attachment 213570
Yes, that's a possibility. Can you keep an eye on it for the next few days and see if it clears up. If not, please post again. Thanks so much for the feedback.

Please update to the most recent build, we are beginning to send them out today. You will start seeing the updates today and throughout this weekend, please keep an eye out and update as they come in. Many bug fixes and some new features too.

Great writeup on Teslab by TechCrunch here:
Teslab is the companion app Tesla owners have been waiting for

Newest addition is daily charge report emails:
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 11.18.24 AM.jpg

Yep. That's a good title for the section. But to answer the question you need to address security and privacy. I think you got privacy covered in terms of what data you take and what you do with the data. But I don't see anything about security, in terms of how you make sure my tesla credentials are safe, how you are storing, whether it is possible for a hacker to hack into your system and then suddenly control hundreds of teslas.

You or your team wrote a good piece about the use of tokens in this thread. Adding that plus some more would be a good start. I don't know much about security for example, so any context on how safe the token approach is would be helpful.

My two cents - thanks!

Newest addition is daily charge report emails
Some bugs in this for people not in a continental US timezone, I think.

For me, these emails arrive at midday local time, but it's unclear what period they're telling me about.

Yesterday at 12:00, the email told me:

"you drove [car name] 42.49 mi on this latest charge ...2hr 39m Time Since Last Charge"

which is true, but that's my morning commute that morning, and only represents half my day's driving.

Today, it the email says:

"you drove [car name] 87.56 mi on this latest charge ... 17hr 2m Time Since Last Charge"

which is correlates to my travel yesterday, including the drive included in yesterday's email. Presumably, if I'd driven anywhere this morning, that would be included too? However, my car charged overnight, completing at 05:47 local time, so it's not true that it's been 17hr since my car last charged. In fact, 17hrs from midday today is about an hour after I got home last night, so it doesn't relate to any charging period that I can determine.

It would be more useful if they told me about my travel yesterday, I think.

Yep. That's a good title for the section. But to answer the question you need to address security and privacy. I think you got privacy covered in terms of what data you take and what you do with the data. But I don't see anything about security, in terms of how you make sure my tesla credentials are safe, how you are storing, whether it is possible for a hacker to hack into your system and then suddenly control hundreds of teslas.

You or your team wrote a good piece about the use of tokens in this thread. Adding that plus some more would be a good start. I don't know much about security for example, so any context on how safe the token approach is would be helpful.

My two cents - thanks!

Ok thanks, we've added some more text.

Some bugs in this for people not in a continental US timezone, I think.

For me, these emails arrive at midday local time, but it's unclear what period they're telling me about.

Yesterday at 12:00, the email told me:

"you drove [car name] 42.49 mi on this latest charge ...2hr 39m Time Since Last Charge"

which is true, but that's my morning commute that morning, and only represents half my day's driving.

Today, it the email says:

"you drove [car name] 87.56 mi on this latest charge ... 17hr 2m Time Since Last Charge"

which is correlates to my travel yesterday, including the drive included in yesterday's email. Presumably, if I'd driven anywhere this morning, that would be included too? However, my car charged overnight, completing at 05:47 local time, so it's not true that it's been 17hr since my car last charged. In fact, 17hrs from midday today is about an hour after I got home last night, so it doesn't relate to any charging period that I can determine.

It would be more useful if they told me about my travel yesterday, I think.

The reports are all generated at the start of the day here in the US East Coast. Same for the daily emails etc. We know we need to shift the jobs to adjust to where the cars/people are. It is definitely on the list.

Reactions: NullException
Is the ability to register via email (no facebook) coming soon? Would love to start using this, but I'm not signing in with Facebook.

You could always create a throw away twitter account in the meantime. Obviously that doesn't eliminate connecting to social media, but at least it wouldn't be tied to your personal facebook account.

I hate tying things to facebook too, but have a few twitter accounts for random promotions so I used one of those for my login info.

You could always create a throw away twitter account in the meantime. Obviously that doesn't eliminate connecting to social media, but at least it wouldn't be tied to your personal facebook account.

I hate tying things to facebook too, but have a few twitter accounts for random promotions so I used one of those for my login info.

Twitter is much easier to do that with. Unfortunately, we don't support Twitter logins on Android, only Facebook. We'll add other methods soon.