Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a notification on my screen that TeslaWaze is discontinuing this service. I will miss it very much!
"Thanks a lot Scroogle"

Attachments

• IMG_20180516_074055865_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180516_074055865_HDR.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 1,425
Waze in general has gone downhill and is not particularly useful anymore. I started using it 6 years ago and used it religiously up until last year. Around 2014-15 it was awesome, few false alerts, the traffic was perfect and all the speed traps were labeled. Since then though its slowly degenerated and now there are so many false alerts and many missed alerts. I'll still check it for alternate routes if I don't like the default that Tesla has chosen. I took a long trip this weekend and a few different times when I checked between the route that Tesla gave and the3 routes that Waze gave I actually preferred the Tesla one. Tesla's route was frequently a minute or two longer, but fewer miles sometimes substantially fewer miles.

I would love it if Tesla gave you options for the routes, however the Waze alerts aren't worthwhile anymore.

Waze in general has gone downhill and is not particularly useful anymore. I started using it 6 years ago and used it religiously up until last year. Around 2014-15 it was awesome, few false alerts, the traffic was perfect and all the speed traps were labeled. Since then though its slowly degenerated and now there are so many false alerts and many missed alerts. I'll still check it for alternate routes if I don't like the default that Tesla has chosen. I took a long trip this weekend and a few different times when I checked between the route that Tesla gave and the3 routes that Waze gave I actually preferred the Tesla one. Tesla's route was frequently a minute or two longer, but fewer miles sometimes substantially fewer miles.

I would love it if Tesla gave you options for the routes, however the Waze alerts aren't worthwhile anymore.
That's pretty interesting. I think depending on your location and how many Waze users in that area your information can vary. Fortunately in my area the Waze app is useful. I know it saved me from at least 5 tickets. It might not be perfect but its better than tickets even if you have to alow down occasionally for false alerts.;)

I have the opposite experience. Waze just gets better and better every year. The alerts cannot be more accurate. I have yet to see a cop by the side of the road or freeway that is NOT reported already on Waze. Yeah there are some false ones or just old, but it's really not that often. I don't really care too much about the cops, as I drive like an old man. But "object on the road" is really important to me especially driving in the dark.