TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC is currently READ ONLY.
    Click here for more info.

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by All Charged Up, May 16, 2018.

1. RayW

RayW Joy Riding

I got 32.4 this weekend and Teslawaze worked all day

• Love x 1
  2. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

You probably have a calendar item, or contact, with a symbol in it that causes the sync to fail.

3. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

Workaround that seems to work for me so far: start a website that uses location, so one that will ask you the allow question. Let it run for a bit, say 10 mins, then start Teslawaze.It then will work all day. It seems to stop when the car goes to sleep and the waze program wont wake up.

4. RayW

RayW Joy Riding

Scratch that, it stopped working today :(

So, Tesla has an Apps screen with only two lonely icons, and Fords now advertises they have a Waze app n their cars... so how do we get Waze to develop an app for Tesla? A tweet to Elon?

• Like x 1
  5. S85D

S85D Member

Could be but when I called Tesla support they said it was a known problem and would be fixed in the .36, .38 release. They did not say what year. :)

• Funny x 1
  6. Carlh76

Carlh76 Member

Find it ironic that Waze is having challenges and now Slacker stops working. Slacker says its Tesla and Tesla isn't responding.

7. ericwol

ericwol Member

I'm finishing another rewrite (yet again) of the teslawaze app, and I think the new version address all the current problems. You should see a noticeable speed improvement and it looks like the browser crashes are gone, so hang in there a little longer.

• Moved the MAP apis from OpenLayer to Leaflet
    • Fixed DPI scaling (map and labels are crisper)
    • Map panning is now usable

• Like x 8
    • Love x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  8. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

@ericwol Eric, we love you man !!! ;)

Just out of curiosity, what caused this strange random hangup, did you ever found out?

9. ericwol

ericwol Member

Nope. Moving the map API from OpenLayer to Leaflet seamed to solve the issue. Everything works fine under Chrome :(

• Informative x 1
  10. S85D

S85D Member

Eric, thank you so much for all that you do for us! I constantly use TeslaWaze.

11. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

Great job Eric! Thanks.

I like turn turn on Severe Weather and then save the url as a favorite. It keeps my settings the next time i get in my car except Severe weather being turned on. Is this by design?

thanks

12. ericwol

ericwol Member

Yes, that is currently by design. Processing the weather map is kind of expensive, for MCU 2.5, that should not be an issue. I can make that persistent in a future release

13. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

ok cool. just checking to make sure it wasnt a bug. Love it man. Its on my bottom window every day.

14. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

What is Tesla wind?

15. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

16. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

@MP3Mike @aollivierre Yup, a tool to see the effect of head or tailwind. And it looks kind of impressive for Tesla newbie passengers ;)

17. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

FYI everyone, I found a way to get TeslaWaze working again without having to reboot the entire center screen. Essentially if you navigate away from the TeslaWaze website to another website, then come back it seems to start working again. I've setup a bookmark for a very lightweight page (that loads fast) that I navigate to and come back to TW and it starts tracking my car's GPS position and working normally again. I haven't done extensive testing, but it has worked a few times so I wanted to share as having to reboot once per day was getting VERY annoying. YMMV, but hope it helps some!

• Like x 1
  18. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

19. ericwol

ericwol Member

yea, saw that. The newest webapp version is out there and it's pretty fast. There are two options, upgrade the MCU to v2.5 and Tesla needs to fix the java script VM so that it stops crashing all the time. It's not a server backend issue. I can throw as much iron as possible and it will make no difference to the issues that they are seeing.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  20. R1Fast

R1Fast P3D Blue/White

Is there a way to set heading up in the Teslawaze site?

So glad I found your app, next best thing to having straight Waze integration with the Tesla UI!