Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Workaround that seems to work for me so far: start a website that uses location, so one that will ask you the allow question. Let it run for a bit, say 10 mins, then start Teslawaze.It then will work all day. It seems to stop when the car goes to sleep and the waze program wont wake up.

I'm finishing another rewrite (yet again) of the teslawaze app, and I think the new version address all the current problems. You should see a noticeable speed improvement and it looks like the browser crashes are gone, so hang in there a little longer.

• Moved the MAP apis from OpenLayer to Leaflet
  • Fixed DPI scaling (map and labels are crisper)
  • Map panning is now usable

I'm finishing another rewrite (yet again) of the teslawaze app, and I think the new version address all the current problems. You should see a noticeable speed improvement and it looks like the browser crashes are gone, so hang in there a little longer.

• Moved the MAP apis from OpenLayer to Leaflet
  • Fixed DPI scaling (map and labels are crisper)
  • Map panning is now usable
Eric, thank you so much for all that you do for us! I constantly use TeslaWaze.

Great job Eric! Thanks.

I like turn turn on Severe Weather and then save the url as a favorite. It keeps my settings the next time i get in my car except Severe weather being turned on. Is this by design?

thanks
Yes, that is currently by design. Processing the weather map is kind of expensive, for MCU 2.5, that should not be an issue. I can make that persistent in a future release

FYI everyone, I found a way to get TeslaWaze working again without having to reboot the entire center screen. Essentially if you navigate away from the TeslaWaze website to another website, then come back it seems to start working again. I've setup a bookmark for a very lightweight page (that loads fast) that I navigate to and come back to TW and it starts tracking my car's GPS position and working normally again. I haven't done extensive testing, but it has worked a few times so I wanted to share as having to reboot once per day was getting VERY annoying. YMMV, but hope it helps some!

Reactions: Graffi
@ericwol It seems some folks are having issues with your website on reddit.

Tesla Waze sluggish lately : teslamotors
yea, saw that. The newest webapp version is out there and it's pretty fast. There are two options, upgrade the MCU to v2.5 and Tesla needs to fix the java script VM so that it stops crashing all the time. It's not a server backend issue. I can throw as much iron as possible and it will make no difference to the issues that they are seeing.