Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems Tesla Waze is more stable on V.9 (42.2). The polling routine seem to pick it up again after some wait time.
If it hangs, I start Tesl Wind, let it run for a minute and switch back. Cures it most of the times. But since today on 42.2 my 2 hr weekly drive did not needed that.

@ericwol - given the hopeless performance of the browser, as a suggestion could you offer the ability to directly select the zoom level?

I was thinking either an additional button next to the +/- zoom button that would open a zoom slider/bar (that you could tap on) to choose a zoom level directly and/or the ability to long press a point on the map and get the bar that the map would zoom and center on the clicked point on the map.
This way we could just center and zoom to the point on the map of interest in one go rather than having to zoom and pan and wait endlessly for the browser to refresh. Less load on your servers too :)

and as we all keep saying - thanks always for all the work you do.
It's all the more valuable since Tesla screwed up their own maps by removing the free flowing traffic info (green lines) in V9.

Reactions: FlatSix911
@ericwol thank you for your efforts with Tesla waze. I’ve just started using it and noticed a lot of the speed camera locations are wrong (I’m in the U.K.). Are you caching the speed camera locations?

I compared with the waze app and Tesla waze alerted to speed cameras when waze didn’t show any.

@ericwol thank you for your efforts with Tesla waze. I’ve just started using it and noticed a lot of the speed camera locations are wrong (I’m in the U.K.). Are you caching the speed camera locations?

I compared with the waze app and Tesla waze alerted to speed cameras when waze didn’t show any.

Yes, it's a separate database. You can send a report thru the app of the camera was removed.

Are there any Android Apps that use Waze data to just beep or make a sound when approaching a speed camera? My biggest issue with Waze is that it seems to warn of speed cameras only if I'm exceeding speed limit but my speed changes based on the circumstances so I would prefer to always know when there is a speed camera ahead with an audible warning.

Waze is that it seems to warn of speed cameras

Separate problem for me is that Waze (on my phone) warns of speed cameras at far too short a distance (e.g. for laser detectors). I periodically press the bottom of map to see the "trip overview" and check if there is a blue Police icon anytime soon. Doesn't stop a new one being added a moment later of course, but gives me an idea if I am approaching any